Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Chicago/N.W. Ind - anyone build T5s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steve hackel, Feb 16, 2013.

1. steve hackel

steve hackel

Hello; I am building a model A coupe with a "built" 4 banger - trying to find a T5 trans from a late 80s to mid 90s from a Mustang, but I would need a tail shaft housing from a Chevy S10 transplanted onto it to work out all the mounting issues and have the shifter as far forward as possible. I am planning on running this with an open drive shaft and using an A' quick change rear center section. If you rebuild these, or happen to know someone that is qualified in doing these, post me here or feel free to call me. Thanks in advance, Steve Hackel 708-687-4183

2. jesse1980

jesse1980

Maybe transpro in Lansing Illinois can help. Ask for mike, he's the owner. Great guy.

3. troylee

troylee

If u don't find a trans I have that set up I can sell.

4. The Astro T5 has the Ford mounting to bell housing pattern. Also, the shifter sits about 2 1/2 inches behind the S10 position, which may put it a better position as well.

5. Steve, there is a company out of muncie Indiana that makes a conversion kit to adapt the t5 to the 4 banger for $875.00. It's includes the driveshaft, clutch plate, brackets, etc. I just picked up a wc t5 trans out of a 94 s10. You would want a 93-95. Here is a pic.

Attached Files: