Register now to get rid of these ads!

Road Trip, SoCal to Columbus OH

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive'em, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Drive'em

Drive'em

Hi Hambers, Well here's my plan so far, I am leaving SoCal in my 29 Model coupe the last week in June and I'm headed to Lincoln,NE to see Speedy Bill's collection, then on to Des Moines, Iowa for the Goodguys show then going on the Goodguys cruise to Columbus, OH for the show there. So here's my question do any of you Hambers want to go along or meet along the way and travel together to any or all of the shows? Also would like to know of any shows or curise nites along the way. I'm not exactly sure of my route just yet. Maybe SoCal to Grand Canyon then up to Durango to ride the narrow guage train then to Wichita on to Lincoln or the 15 to 70 to Denver on to Lincoln. On the way back swing South through Nashville, Memphis, Dallas, El Paso, Tuscon, Phoenix. I may not travel on the interstates all the way, Would like to see the real America and the people along the way. I'm in no hurry, this will be a once in a life time deal. Really getting excited about the whole trip. ANY TAKERS?

2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Given the time of year that you're planning , you might think about reversing your route . Take the southern route back when the weather is a little cooler since it will be really hot later in the month . If you coming back on I-70 when you get to Glenwood Springs go south to Aspen , then some backroads to hwy 550 ( million $$ hwy) take it south to Durango . Great road , very scenic . Good luck , sounds like fun .

3. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

We plan on going to Des Moines good guys. We live near Chicago I could fill you on what's goin on around here.

4. Figure all day in Durango to ride the train. I'll wave when you go by the house.

5. Drive'em

Drive'em

Thanks guys for your help. I'm going the Northern route because I need to get to the show in Des Moines to take the Goodguy cruise to Columbus. May take that million dollar hwy on the way East

6. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Ill be at the show in Columbus .. I would love to see how your trip has gone so far by then !

7. Drive'em

Drive'em

Guess I'd better show a picture of my coupe I'm going to take on my Road Trip. If you see me give me yell.

Attached Files:

8. I hope you take lots of pictures. I love these kinds of threads. I want to make that cross country trip too someday and these kinds of post let me live vicariously, no wait....precariously..... damn, I always get those two mixed up, let me check Google, hold on............Ok, I'm back, it's vicariously! They let me live vicariously through you!! :D

Good luck!

9. alchemy

alchemy

Looks like a matte version of my brother's coupe.

If you could revise the dates a little, Back to the Fifties in St. Paul is June 21st. Maybe head straight there and visit Speedway in between?

10. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

Sounds like a fun road trip. But to me all road trips are fun. Can't go this year, but there is sure to be another time if I stay vertical

11. FityFive

FityFive

I have one suggestion. Once you get dates and routes figured out, you might get Hamber's phone numbers that live along your route just in case you have any problems.

12. Drive'em

Drive'em

Thanks FityFive, great idea. Anyone along my route want to give me your phone#, PM me. Thanks all.

13. metal man

metal man

I have a fairly well equipped shop about 25 miles from GG Columbus. I will PM you my number in case you need anything when you get here....or if you just want to visit.

14. ^^^Ditto^^^

15. DeadGuy2

DeadGuy2

I live in Columbus and will be glad to meet up with you for the Good Guys show.

BTW... your coupe is almost exactly how I envision my next ride. It is AWESOME!!!

Gimme some specs on it.... What cha got there?

buds
    chuck

PS:Metal Man? Can I PM you soon about doing some welding for me? I have a rear shock support that broke at the end of last season.

16. socal34

socal34

Sounds like fun , Was thinking about that same trip to Columbus, not sure if I can do it yet. I live in Camarillo not far from you
    David

17. Drive'em

Drive'em

Hi David, It would be great to have you along on the trip. I think we've met before @ the Oxnard Shore breakfast cruise a month or so ago. As the time draws near let me know if you're going.
    John

18. Drive'em

Drive'em

Hey guys I wanted to get this back up to see if anyone is interested in going along. Let me know. I think it will be a fun trip.

19. Drive'em

Drive'em

Ok Hambers, time is drawing near for my cross country trip to Goodguys Columbus. Still planning for my original plan. Can't decide wheather to take the roadster or the coupe. My best buddy in Ohio wants me to drive the roadster, says "it you" so drive it instead of the coupe. Anyway to the point, any body want to join me on this trip, either from SoCal or anywhere along the way. Leaving SoCal June 25th.

20. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Sounds like fun , but I have a roadster trip to Victoria BC scheduled for the middle of July . Have a safe trip .