Register now to get rid of these ads!

Are Zenith and Dayton wire wheel hubs interchangeable?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gas4blood, Feb 15, 2013.

1. gas4blood

gas4blood
    from Kansas

The question is simple, are the knock off hubs for Zenith and Dayton wire wheels interchangeable? A friend has some Zenith big and littles, but the hubs are Dayton. They seem to fit. He needs hubs with the 5.5" bolt pattern, which his current hubs do not have. He called Zenith multiple times, no answer, ever. He called Dayton, they pressed the issue, and when they heard he wanted the Dayton 5.5" hubs for use with Zenith wheels, they refused to sell them due to liability issues. They gave him some minor measurement differences. Is using Dayton hubs in Zenith wheels a safety issue for real? If not, can he get them drilled for the 5.5" pattern? He fears there isn't enough room to do that. Thanks for any help on this problem.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013
  2. Well I had some zenith K-O hubs redrilled with Zenith Wires from 5" to 5.5" but now one wobbles. I'm thinking of getting the wires re-trued.

Not your specific issue but my experience.

3. Sonny Day Out

Sonny Day Out

All,

I have used Zenith knock off hubs ( 4.5" ) with Dayton knock off wheels !

Good Luck,
    Sonny

4. Did you try contacting the wirewheelking.com? They are a company started by former employees of the now defunct Zenith company. They have a web site.

Charlie

5. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

6. Go to layitlow.com and get all the wire wheels needed