Register now to get rid of these ads!

Late 60's Parklane Marauder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flying4, Feb 15, 2013.

1. flying4

flying4

I need so help in whether to pursue this or not. I have only seen a pic of it the man that owns it wants $5000 for her. Any input would be great she is a one owner can they bought it new. I Think its a 65 but not 100% :confused:

Attached Files:

2. 61 Fairlane

61 Fairlane

65 Parklanes and Ford Galaxies had frame rot problems by the rear kickup among other places

3. Just my opinion - 5k seems a little tall in this market. While its "fair" the more doors are a hard resell.

I saw a nice "driver" 4 door mid 60's olds hardtop go for $3400 up here last year.

4. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Dude! If you want to throw money away like that, let me tell you about this little group I started...
    We meet once a week to chant. Just bring all of your worldly possessions with you, as you won't be needing them anymore. I'll dispose of them for you and you can sleep in a tent just like the others.

5. flying4

flying4

Check for frame Rot, $ to steep ok, whats a fair offer on something like this given that the frame is still in decent shape. I also understand the 4 door was not as highly sought after but they do add some coolness factor to the car. Also how available are parts for these cars

6. flying4

flying4

I dont have to pay taxes though if im in a cult right. and aslong as the punch is not cheery lol :p

7. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

OK that may be a bit much... LOL
    I do think it's on the high side of things for a more door Parklane though.

8. flying4

flying4

Its just a Very Diff car. IMHO not a bad looking car for a boat that is.

9. flying4

flying4

are there any mercury nuts out there that can help me with this

10. justford

justford
    from KY

If you like the car and you want to buy it then go for it. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I like odd ball cars but that is just me. You future plans for the car may be a consideration such as: Keeper or going to sell it. Good luck.

11. flying4

flying4

I would love to sell it

12. rustang

rustang

Too much money for that car... I know where you can get a '63 1/2 Marauder with very little rust, 2nd owner for $3500....

13. You'd have to see it first. For $5K I'd expect a real nice car that can be driven with minimal work. Be nice if it had a 410 in it, not sure what year that started.

The frame rust on those starts by the rocker panels and goes out from there. Telltale signs are rusted brake lines or recently replaced brake lines. I wouldn't buy one unless I could put it on a lift and go over it carefully.

Bob

14. flying4

flying4

that was very helpful the i know this is here nor there but im hopefull it has the 410 the owner said he used to walk all over anything with it. any idea where to find the vin plates on this car

15. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

Pass it up. Don't buy that thing.

16. flying4

flying4

whats the support to that claim

17. 53 effie

53 effie

That is a '65 Mercury and won't have a 410. The 410 was a '66 - '67 thing only. The VIN plate should be on the driver's door by the latch.

The '66s were very similar but slightly different front and rear treatments. For example, the '66 had horizontal trim on the tail lights IRRC.

18. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

19. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

no go----let grandma keep her car

20. I helping a friend sell this 63 Merc S55 Breezeway....been sitting awhile, 390 auto w/ center console, windshield has been kicked in, missing carb and air cleaner....We found the title, $2,200 car is located in Grand Juction and is a rest free western Colorado car....Good luck finding a project...Dan

Attached Files:

21. We also have a Merc Wagon with a 390 4 barrell automatic... Cool wagon been sitting a while too... Drivers window and rear window has been down a while....has some rust through around the rear wheels This is also a western Colorado car... Solid car not rust in floors rust only where mud has acumilated over the years etc... We found title and we are asking $1800. Car is in Grand Junction Colorado...Good luck finding a worthy project. Dan

Attached Files: