Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco suspension ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54FISH, Feb 14, 2013.

1. 54FISH

54FISH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hello , my question is this : Is jamco suspensions shafting only the little guy doing projects in his / her garage or are they doing it to reputable custom shops that might order a kit or whatever if the customer request it . I wonder if they pay more attention to the needs of big shops?? Thoughts on this???

2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Who cares, if they shaft one customer id bet they're willing to shaft every one of them. Especially if I were a big shop id avoid them with the reputaion they have. Try explaining to a customer why their car still isnt done because of another vendor...

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I just watched that TV show on Hot Rod TV where the shop was redoing Johnny Dep's Merc, and they were using Jamco front suspension. When I saw that I wondered the same thing..........how did they get all their parts when so many people are left high and dry ? :rolleyes:

Maybe you have to tell Jamco you are working on some movie star's car.

Don

4. Torchie

Torchie

Or tell them that you are doing a TV show.

5. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

That's pretty good...Actually happened, long ago and far away...

In the '70s, the James Dean Merc was purchased out of Harrah's, and the agent asked me if I could put a clutch in it. My shop was a mile away (Campbell, CA) so I drove the Merc back to the shop, jacked it up, removed tranny, clutch, pressure plate.
    The clutch set contained an unsprung disc, so I called my parts house and asked if I could get the preferred part...I casually mentioned that I was working on the JAMES DEAN MERC!

"Who's James Dean?" was the question from the smart parts guy. ??????

6. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

7. slammed

slammed

Bash-bash-bash away boy'z! Pile on 'em, git 'em!