Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Well, the cats out of the bag another old kustom comes to JERSEY!!!(pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatty mcguire, Nov 14, 2012.

1. jerseymike

jerseymike

man, you gotta get a picture of all of them in a lineup. can't wait to see the 2 new additions in person. guess it will have to wait till spring. looks like you have plenty to keep you busy this winter.

2. Torchie

Torchie

I'm the guy that owned in the 70's.
    Who the hell is your uncle!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  3. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

VERY NICE STABLE !!! keep us up dated on a pic of all your cars...

4. micarr99

micarr99

I've always been a Ford man, but this is out of this world. Where'd it come from Canada??

Mike

5. Torchie

Torchie

Little Richard is that you?
    Thanks for the confirmation on the interior colors. I always remembered the interior as being dark blue and white,but as we get older things start to slip.....
    I am 99 .9% sure that the interior in the car when I had it was the original show interior. Dark blue rolls on 2/3 of the seat bottom going forward and up the seatback. With the top 1/3 of the back and the front 1/3 of the seat bottom in a solid non rolled white. Backs of the front seats were done in smooth white as was the lower wrap around portion of the seat bottom.
    Material was smooth and had no pattern or grain to it. Door panels replicated the same pattern as well. 2/3 up from the bottom was pleats.Top 1/3 was white.
    RMACKMOTOWN if you have some pics of the car when I owned it please send me a PM so that I can get some copies from you. All the cars that I had and no pics left. You don't have any pics of my chopped and channeled 32- 5 window do you?

6. teddyp

teddyp

you guys do a great job keeping the customs

7. Torchie

Torchie

Grill on the car is a Canadian Ford grill from a 53 Ford Meteor. Just a short jaunt across the river to Windsor from Detroit. I have heard that Clarkaiser shop used canadian grills on their cars more than once. Looked like a custom grill to us in the U.S.

8. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

cant wait to see it back in its glory

9. What an awesome find!

10. RMackMotown

RMackMotown
    from Motown

Yeah its me. Your memory isn't slipping that bad. That is pretty much how I remember the interior. As I remember..it wasn't in all that bad of shape and looked like it just could have used a good cleaning and maybe a little new padding here and there and would have been good to go. It was a smooth "pleather" like material and I don't remember the material having much texture (especially the big white bolsters at the tops and edges of the seats). I also don't think the blue pleats went all the way to the outside edge of the seats (the white wrapped around from the bolster on top) but blue tuck and roll did go right up the split in the middle of the front seat. What really impressed me was the quality of all the work on that car. The body work, the interior, the chop job. Everything looked like it came from the factory. I do have some pictures either here buried in my basement or in a photo album that my dad took when he moved to Tennessee. I shot pictures (granted they were taken with a Kodak Instamatic) a day or two after you got it home and I know there is one shot of the front door open that shows most of the front seat and the passenger door panel. I shot pictures one other time at your house and I know I have pictures of your old 39 ford coupe that had the Lincoln motor in it (what was that giant motor anyway????) and the 57 hardtop with the great sounding 327 in it, the 47 Chevy sedan the 56 Merc (black with spider-webbing under the windows) and I think a white 40 Chevy coupe, the 50 Buick fastback with the Dynaslow trans . No..I don't think I have a picture of the 32 5 window. It was in the garage (with Steven's Vega stationwagon that had the 215 aluminum Buick V8 in it) and I didn't have any flashcubes (ugh now I'm sounding old). All the cars I took pictures of were sitting outside. I think Lorretta is in one pic looking at one of the cars with a look of disgust on her face. I'm kinda busy with work right now but I plan on digging into the trunks downstairs over Thanksgiving and I'll see what I can find. FYI 31Apickup is my cousin. He sent me the link to this post about the Vic and I've spent way too much time on this website since. It got me to dig out the chopped model a coupe from under the pile of kids crap in the garage (yes I still have it) and now my son's are pleading with me to finish it up. My wife never met fatty mcguire but she already hates him. (Sorry fatty)

11. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Time flies, I remember looking at those picts after you took them. This site is very addictive, but the content is incredible.

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

A great old custom . Glad to see it's going to fixed up right .

13. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

any luck with finding the interior pics?

14. reallyrotten

reallyrotten

this is one slick Kustom!

15. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

sweet score dude!