Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Hello from Stockholm

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by area 52 racing, Feb 11, 2013.

1. area 52 racing

area 52 racing

Hello everyone!

I’m new at this forum so let me tell you a little about me, my country and my rides.

Ok, My name is Par "Pellepop" Carlson, I was born in the early 60’s and I live in Stockholm, Sweden.

[​IMG]

Old American cars have always been very popular here in Sweden. During the long cold Swedish winters we spend lots of time in our garages. We restore vintage cars, we build hot rods and we create kustoms. And we are good at it!

So let’s start with my 1952 Chevrolet Styleline 2103. This black 4dr sedan has been in my family since 1963 when my dad bought it. So I grew up in this car and now I take care of it. It is like a brother to me.
    [​IMG]
    Between 2001 – 2004 I restored the Chevy. I swaped the 216 engine for a 235 from a 1955 truck and the rear axle is from 1954 for better milage.

[​IMG]

It’s lowered, has white wall tires and lots of extra chrome. Call it a dresser or a semi kustom, it’s nice!

[​IMG]

My garage buddy Christian owned two Buick Roadmaster Riviera Coupe from 1952. These were the only two in Sweden. One day Chris needed money and I needed a new project, so I bought one of the cars.

[​IMG]

Well, I bought an empty body standing on a rolling chassie and a lot of parts. It was totally disassembled. But after having restored my ‘52 Chevrolet from top to bottom I believed I could manage to notice if any parts were missing.

[​IMG]

So we spent a very long day inspecting the car and all boxes and containers filled with parts. The only parts we couldn’t find were the windshield and both of the inner sun visors. The car was as good as complete! So I bought it from him in September 2006.
    [​IMG]
    Ok. During the following years I found out that the car wasn’t even near complete. Sure, it's fun to have a unique car, but it's also causing problems to find parts. It was not always easy to find the parts I needed when I restored the Chevrolet but compared to the Buick it wasn't very hard. But I love the car and it is going to be a mild kustom so I am free to pick any parts I want.

[​IMG]

Well, that’s all for now.

"Pellepop" \ Stockholm \ Sweden

[​IMG]

2. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

Well hello right back at you !! It looks like you have some fun cars to spend the cold winters working on. I build motors for Export & many are going to Sweden. In October through January many of the Swedish hot rodders are here in So Cal. buying parts at the Long Beach & Pomona swap-meets to ship back home. You could find some of these guys who are coming over and have them ship parts for you. Magnus at California Shipping can also help you.
    Good hot rodding
    Van

3. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Welcome Par. glad to have you here on the H.A.M.B. I'm certain that when you've determined what parts are missing from your Buick the Brotherhood of the H.A.M.B. will be an invaluable help to you in tracking down replacements.

Good luck with your project and remember to keep us informmed of your progress.

4. lawman

lawman

Nice work Par and welcome to the HAMB !!!

5. sololobo

sololobo

Welcome aboard brother, great cars and love the Swedish attitude about car restoration and customizing. We always need cool cats like you ridin along. ~sololobo~

6. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Tjenare Pellepop from Stockholm.

I also grew up in Stockholm in the early sixties...
    Spent lots of time cruisin Sveav. Kungsg. in the 80's

Cool Rides!

Welcome to HAMB.
    Tommy

7. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

8. j hansen

j hansen

Välkommen från Åmål