Register now to get rid of these ads!

Posting photos

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 36roadster, Jan 21, 2009.

1. How do you post normal sized photo's? I've posted a couple, but they're postage stamp size, and my eyes ain't gettin' any younger.
    I know you can enlarge them, but I have seen many which are "normal" size.
    What's the trick?

2. The following is a quick and easy way to up load large format pictures of cool stuff

1) Get a Photobucket account (its free)

2) Click upload photos

3) before you brows to select the photos to be uploaded, select the "large" format for message boards. This will automatically resize all the photos you are about to upload. (ever wonder how I get such large, but not too large, photos on here?)

4) When selecting photos hold down the Ctrl key and click on the ones you want.

5) Click up load,

6) Once uploaded to Photobucket, just cut and paste the image code for each picture into the text of a post, it will look like: [​IMG]

7) submit your post

3. Yeah, Retro is right one. The image has to be displayed elsewhere on the web, and not just on your computer. That web address is then used in your post to display the same source image.

4. Thx i'll try it.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

On a related subject, I have always used Photobucket, but I keep getting prompts on their site that a "NEW" photobucket is starting in about 20 days. Does that mean we have to switch to the new one or can we still use the old one ?

They automatically switched us a few weeks ago, but I clicked on a box to return to the old one and said I didn't like the new format. I hope we don't have to switch.

Don

6. Drewski

Drewski

You won't have a choice, and the new format is not too good. You might want to click on support and look at the compaints about the new format before you commit a bunch of photos to that site.

You now need to resize your photos before upload or resize them individually after upload with the new format. There are a bunch of other issues, but you'll have to decide for yourself whether it works for you.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

check your computer system, should have photo storage. just plug in camera/phone to download. once done following steps and complete download right click mouse to resize. do not want to post full size pictures in threads here. if you are viewing a picture here in a thread just click on picture for it to enlarge. photobucket, and other sites, are OK. but, many people do not take the time to click on links to find photos, etc. there are other threads on this subject here.

8. Yeah,Photobucket has changed and there is no going back,,I spent a little time to figure it out how the new site works,,yeah,it's different but not too hard to navigate.

Uploads seem faster,,like everything in life nothing stays the same and none of us embrace change,,

I remember a time not too many years ago when I wouldn't touch a computer,couldn't type and didn't moderate a small website..amazing,but the old adage of you can't teaching a old dog a trick is far from the truth!

HRP

9. batt69nova

batt69nova
    from OR

For the love of God, please don't use photobucket!!! There are much better image hosting sites out there-that are FREE and just as easy to use as photobucket.

I've posted about this before (why photobucket sucks for threads...) and here goes again:

OK- so I keep seeing "Image unavailable-bandwidth exceeded" type messages in the more popular threads.

They look like or are similiar to this:
    [​IMG]

Thought I'd help folks out by pointing to an image hosting service that's:

1- Free (who doesn't like that)
    2- NOT gonna crap out when a few of us start trying to view the photos on it because it doesn't have any cap on views or bandwidth.

Here's the link to the site: http://imgur.com/

I have no affiliation with the site, other than having used it in the past to share images of my project here, and elsewhere. The site is fairly easy to navigate/use. You don't have to sign in/register to use it-you can just click "computer" or "web" and the site will walk you through setting up the images for sharing. "Computer" means you want to share an image that you have saved on your computer-click on it to load something from your own computer. "Web" is so you can share an image from a website-most of the folks on here probably won't have a use for that particular feature...

I think it will help improve the quality of this already awesome site if we all use an image service that doesn't block HAMBers from trying to view the images we're all trying to share.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

10. Do what you want,,I have never had a problem with PB so I'll keep using it.

Personally,I can't stand the site you suggested,,to Fartbook inspired for me. HRP

11. Drewski

Drewski

I understand the point you're trying to make........all you have to do is search back to some of the tech week threads from the past.

Take a look at this example

www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435458

It took only moments to find it. I don't know if this particular example thread has been rendered useless without the photos or not but I have looked at others that are now worthless. I suspect that people delete or move their photos within photobucket without realizing that they killed the photos anywhere they had linked them.

I certainly am not defending photobuckets new format.....there are a lot of Pro users that they have hurt badly by their changes. It doesn't affect my ability to make a living, it's just inconvenient.

12. One of the features that I missed in the new version was the ability to select multiple images from an album and create a list of links for them with a single click. PB refers to this as "bulk linking". I could never figure out how to do this with the new version of the site. :mad:

http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21575190-Bulk-Linking-on-the-Beta-site

Well "bulk linking" is either back or they've at least finally posted a link to a page with instructions on how to do it. Getting there isn't exactly intuitive but the bulk linking feature does indeed exist and it works. :D For now at least I'm going to stop thinking about changing to another image hosting site. I don't know if uploads are any quicker, but opening my album pages seems a little faster... maybe... I think. ;)