Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Chevy 427 racecar hidden for many moons needs to get out! Will you guys help us co

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlineracer42, Dec 21, 2012.

1. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

i had 2 56s when i was alot younger, one was my driver, one was my drag car, kinda got one back, now i want the drag car back! do it for the kid! lets race!

2. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

3. raven

raven

That's a no-brainer.
    Why would anyone let this set?
    r

4. yruhot

yruhot

From one dad to another. I built my 55 gasser style with my sons help and we both drive it at the drags. It's one of the few things we both like doing together. Trust me you'll love it. You wont regret it. It'll give you great pride and happiness watching him learn how to drive it down the strip. I know I do,YRUHOT.........Doug

5. LSDemon

LSDemon
    from Australia

Nothing better than a good ol father son project get it going guys!!! Looks
    Amazing!

6. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

do it--do it----just do it

7. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

like to have that baby sittin in my living room just to admire it,Like have-in a good looking woman and never paying attention to her:confused: give her a little fore play then see what she will do:D Damn getter going

8. Phucker

Phucker
    from Kansas

Man....some of the shit you guys post about. Sound like a buncha nosy old women sticking their noses into peoples business.

You dunno the guys reasons for doing what he does, youre not in his shoes, nor is it your car. A multiple page thread trying to tell some guy you dont even know, what to do with his time? Yeahhhhh, real bright.

9. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I think you might be on the wrong site man. You are talking to a bunch of guys that really like cars and would love to see this thing on the road. I think what people are trying to do is light a fire under this guys ass and get him inspired to do something.
    Jay

10. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

Wash it off, buff it a little, then tow it down to a car show.

It'll get more attention than a chick with big knockers....:eek:

Attached Files:

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Now THATS cool! Love stuff like that. Long before the current gasser crap hit, back in the mid nineties, a similar '57 showed up at Mission, crazed 25 yr old green lacquer, good whack of engine set-back, aluminum interior, tunnel-ram BB, 4 speed, chromies on the back. I was so knocked out by that car. The two buddies I was with dissed it big time. Now they are all over the current "gasser" craze. Go figure...

12. Rick Beil

Rick Beil

For sure great Father Son project. Wish I still had my Dad around to help with my 56 door machine.

13. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

If this car dosen't make you pants tight, your heart race, make you break out TLB or wish it was yours, your aint a car guy at all.

Now I go change my pants, 'cause I might had a small "detonation".

Go get it race ready!

14. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

when our boys were 5 and 7 , I felt like i should do things with them instead of dragging them along while i did things---years of all kinds of kid ball,scenic vacations,dirt bikes etc. all the time with my old vette sitting in the garage with junk piled on it, oh every once in a while they would ask about getting it going and i would shrug it off---then one day when they were both in their early 20's ---i saw an add for a 62 chevy II with a 350/400 and a 9 inch for less than 1500 dollars---picked it up on the way home---put a little work and money into it ( spool, good ignition, etc.---the local airport was starting to have run what ya brung on sat nights---invited the boys to come watch ---let them drive it---a year later we were running two cars saturday and sunday ---a couple of years later they had moved away---but those two or three years were the most fun i have ever had with cars and one son who never cared about cars turned out to be a super welder and body man---might be your best times too dad

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My 4 yr old daughter is right into my chevy II, all excited about the T, and wants a "green model A with sparkles" for herself. Gotta have "sparkles".:D

16. slammed

slammed

Yeah 'phucker' (play on the word 'fucker) if you read the entire thread, the fellow's are encouraging the owner's son to get dad motivated to put the car back on the track. Speaking of, is there any updates on this cool '55?

17. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Anymore news on this car? :confused:

18. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare