Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Houston HAMB breakfast for FEB.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Feb 9, 2013.

1. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This month, our little group decided to meet at Kelly's Country Cookin' at 45@ Park Place. This was my first time there and all the stories I'd heard were true. ALL the meals are HUGE! I got breatfast tacos and got a bisquit with gravy to go. What's so special about a bisquit? The thing is about the size of a softball cut in half! HUGE!

I was expecting about 10 of us, but once inside, we discovered that our little group had turned into a large group. We'll be doing a head count before the next meet. Bum rushing an eatery tends to confuse the wait staff.:D

Here's the pics of the cars that showed. A few were new to me and a real treat.

The color and details on this on going project had to seen to appreciate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was kinda cool. Two 65 pick-ups. The same color inside and out, plus, FACTORY in dash A/C.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Afterwards, a few of us drove out to the "Red Rocket" in the Heights. The Rocket is a clothing store that also stocks some sweet MOON gear. I'm not sure what the occasion was, but I scored a t-shirt, a cigar and a pair of retro KED'S sneakers. The sneakers brought back a few memories.

The Heights is one of the oldest parts of Houston and is loaded with a lot of cool shops and galleries. If you ever get a chance to visit, check it out.

[​IMG]

Here's the pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. mastadon

mastadon

Looked like fun,I wish I could have been there but had to work today. :-(

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

We're working on that. Some mentioned that you work every thrid or fourth Saturday? If so, let someone know what off weekend is for next month and we can plan around that. The rest of us have a more flexable schedule. Trying to get you in the next one should be no problem.

5. Danny G

Danny G

Several of us go to the Houston Roadsters which meets at the same time on the 2ndsat. of the month.

6. I had a good time.

7. txturbo

txturbo

Good time.....I'm still full from that breakfast.

8. aldixie

aldixie

Was a good meet. When I got home I started back in on the 40, I got it running today and it sounds really good. Have a few oil leaks to sort out, one on the power rack and a hole to plug on the timing cover as I am running a later oil pan on the 302. I was trying to work out where the oil was leaking from.