Register now to get rid of these ads!

What vehicle used aluminum door skins??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shop teacher, Feb 8, 2013.

1. metal man

metal man

Some Bentleys had all aluminum doors. Last year I did the metal work on some 60's model, one of a kind four door Bentley convertible ....just the doors, because they were the only part that was aluminum.

I could not wait to get them done and get them out of my shop, for fear of something happening to them. They are irreplaceable :eek:

2. metal man

metal man

How the heck do you build a car, on the couch? :D

3. k9racer

k9racer

As posted early XK 140 jag The one I had in 64 also had alum hood and trunk lid. A hale storm did a number on them and the top.

4. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Pretty much anything coachbuilt is likely to be panelled in aluminium, as it's much more practical to work by hand.

5. spaner

spaner
    from australia

sunbeam sports cars did only used the windscrean wipper brackets then no more

6. This could go on forever. What does the add say ? Anyhow, bet it,s nothing exotic.

7. bentleyss

bentleyss
    BANNED

8. Normbc9

Normbc9

Porsche, Morgan, Jaguar, Bentley, Ferrari, Bugatti, Saab, English Ford, Isetta and many others. Good looking and very light but very susceptible to dents and very difficult to work back up.
    Normbc9

9. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

First few competition Cheetahs (Bill Thomas) were all aluminum.

10. Mo rust

Mo rust

The truck from the Grapes of Wrath was made from a 26 Hudson super six sedan which was aluminum bodied and had suicide doors. It had started life as a pretty fancy car only to be cut down into a truck and end up piled high with junk hauling a family of Okies across the western deserts with a pee soaked mattress across the hood.

Attached Files: