Register now to get rid of these ads!

Another 65 Dodge altered wheelbase project build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skicker, Jan 12, 2013.

1. trouble maker nice video. too bad the guy wrecked his car. hope he was alright. my involvement with a aglia was much more colorful. i will see if my kid can get the video on here. the guy was running a blown sbc. in the lights he literally blew the crank into the ground. they had to pry some of it from the track. the car instantly burst into flames we were side by side at 180 mph. he looked over at me and started to loose it. three over corrections later the guy was barrel rolling across my lane. i pulled my chutes just missing him while sliding through his oil. i saw him hit the wall and go straight up in the air upside down on fire. i came to a stop and a strut with the brakes and wheel still attached flew past me. i ran up to him with my fire extinguisher and put out the fire. luckily it wasnt that big of one. its all about the application here. anglias and awb cars are cool. its just a fact that a blown seven second anglia doesnt belong on the track and a awb car doesnt belong on the street.

2. rlsteel no shit a dodge can crash. under similar conditions anglia vs b-body dodge i will take the dodge every time. there is a reason you dont see dodge colts or gremlins or chevettes or fast anglias. the wheel base is just too short. that makes for one dangerous car. you might go fast a few times but you are really rolling the dice and at some point they come up snake eyes. didnt don carlton crash in a colt and die i could be wrong.

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

This thread has been cleaned up dramatically... If you want to lose your account, continue with the drama. Try me... Itchy trigger finger over here...

Doctorterry likes this.
  4. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

You should kill the whole thread Ryan. Op isn't coming back. This thead is dead.

5. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Would Ryan or one of the Moderators PM me. THANKS Chris

6. TheQuietOne

TheQuietOne
    from Goneville

Ryan, please go ahead and consider my account as TheQuietOne deleted. It appears to be a one sided forum.

7. One Finger John

One Finger John

A name and bio from "racer-x" would be nice. I'd like to know what he has accomplished in the sport of drag racing.
    Kinda like the "judge" from the GNRS that got down on Ryan without giving up his (or her) name.
    Anonymity is o.k. in certain instances but I feel that if you are gonna post your true feelings about something, own those feelings with a signature.

John

8. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

I'd like to second that motion for myself also. PM'd the Moderators yesterday with no response.

9. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Ryan, why in Gods name did you delete my posts from this thread? I backed out of the pissing contest long before it got all heated up, and was only trying to offer some educated observation. Not cool man.

10. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'm not into giving out personal info. on forums, but you might want to look at the HAMB group on Facebook and one of your questions will be answered.

11. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

hey guys --i took it as a well intended cleansing of the thread----not personal---but i am somewhat confused

12. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Like racer-X said "well were waiting"

13. I was wondering the same thing about my posts....:confused:

14. Gene Boul

Gene Boul

I was at the 64 AHRA nationals in Scotsdale Arizona. Dick Landy was there with his AWB Dodge. I believe it made one run and splayed the front wheels on "landing". It may have made more passes previously but the one I saw ended his day...

15. One Finger John

One Finger John

Great. You wont give your name here but direct me to FACEBOOK? Geez must be some REALLY bad hombres at this site that puts the fear of i.d.ing your self here whereas Facebook is a Garden of Eden.

All right I'll go to Facebook. You better be there.

John

BTW I am not asking for personal l.D., SS no., or anything that couldn't be normally Googled. If racer-x is an accomplished, known entity, why the secret?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  16. One Finger John

One Finger John

Well I tried.
    Went to FB, typed in hamb, got hamburgers.
    Typed in HAMB, got got more hamburgers.
    Typed in H.A.M.B., got Google reference.
    Typed in H.A.M.B. 64cyclone, more on site references.

Your i.d., however innocuous, will remain a secret.

John

17. i wasnt aware there was /is a hamb group on facebook

18. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Yep. Almost 2,200 members.

19. ok , and how would one go about finding it ?

20. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Search bar HAMB Members

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

It looks like Altered Wheelbase Cars are DEAD ? Chris

22. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I believe I am in the minority thinking this build is spot on. Lots of people here need to remember than there were cars like the Flying Dutchman's 1964 Plymouth (and plenty of other independent racers) that sported drastically altered wheelbases in order to maximize weight transfer. And so what if it isn't pretty? These things were meant to be gnarly-looking drag strip terrors, not concourse contestants! He's building it how he wants, and if he wants to build something accurate to the mid-60's in his own garage, there's no sense in stopping him. It's easy for things to lose their direction, and I think this thread has veered off the strip. I think there's hope for it because Ryan brought it back on course. Let the building continue skicker. . . I want more AWB mayhem, not computer whining.

Doctorterry likes this.
  23. LSDemon

LSDemon
    from Australia

It's gonna be awesome!!!! Can't wait to see
    More of how she's going! Very cool!

24. slowmotion

slowmotion

It's alive!! ( & I'm glad it is)

Please continue the construction posts for those of us who are genuinely interested in this very cool build.

25. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Hope He will post more!!! Chris

26. dew468

dew468
    from Austin, Tx

lookin good. nice project.keep it up.

27. Good to see you back Skicker.... Looks like its your build. Can't wait to see it running. Should be a good build getting there.
    Thanks Ryan...

28. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Looks like it is coming along good!!

29. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

glad to see more pictures and the work being done. Should be interesting car when done.

30. rlsteel

rlsteel

Glad you are back RLS