Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fulltilt Streetrods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rjones35, Feb 5, 2013.

1. rjones35

rjones35

Anybody know anything about Fulltilt streetrods? I was thinking of getting their Mustang ii front end kit.. It's a pretty good price but is it worth it?

Thanks

2. carbon guy

carbon guy
    from indy

I think you might be on the wrong message board, just sayin

3. probably worth it if you are building a non traditional street rod.

Personally I think pinto front ends are cool and I would really want one if I owned a pinto.

In answer to your question you get what you pay for, if it is cheap there may be a reason that it is cheap.

4. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

I think it would be smart to hold out for Mustang III version

5. txturbo

txturbo

there is only one good pinto....and its a bean :D

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

And now some info and advice you can use.

Call them and ask where their products are made. Do they make their stuff themselves, or is it from a company that makes and sells cheap garbage like Helix.

If they make their own products where they live and stand by the quality then you can't go wrong.

If not then give them a pass and move on to a reputable outfit like Heidts for instance.

7. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

no one on here has a M II on their car right?????

8. choptvan

choptvan

Well... I for one have installed a great deal of their product. Noever had an issue with them and the only time I had one. which was so small it almost not worth mentioning, he took care of it right away. No questions asked.

9. Moedog07

Moedog07

Don't most "Traditional Street Rods" have Mustang 2 front ends?

10. No one that's got their shit together. :rolleyes:

Whether anyone wants to recognize it or not this is a traditional hot rod and custom site. He asked a question and it got answered, maybe not what everyone wanted to hear but it was answered. Just because someone else screws up what could be a nice traditional ride does not make it right.

Actually my research on the term brings it to use in '58. Maybe a modern street rod would have one.

11. Pretty sure that Ryan Fella had one with an MII - and so do I - so bite me beaner boy :D

12. Moedog07

Moedog07

I gotta give you that one...:D

13. Ryan removed his for a forged axle. I guess he got his shit together. ;)

I actually don't have a real problem with the front end. If I was going to go high zoot with one I would go Corvette and Brembos personally. While the front end is still in use it is yesterdays news.

Anyway I don't have a problem with the front end but why cheap out on your car? I am not saying to get the gold plated setup but if it is priced cheap one should imagine that it is cheap. When sourcing parts for a build I usually look for the middle of the road price wise.

14. dad-bud

dad-bud

Bazinga!!!!

Just sayin' .... ... . :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

(poor newb - prolly never knew what hit him :()

15. We were nice. You should have been here in '03. ;)

16. Corvette's are more expensive and generally have a wider track so they don't fit earlier cars as well as MII. With my 37 it would take odd offset wheels to make one work. The MII has been in for 20+ years and has many thousands of miles on it and works just fine. Personally I look at quality before price, regardless of whether it's high or low.

17. slammed

slammed

In the end it's a MII. This site is intended for the pre street rod daze.

18. rjones35

rjones35

Ha!! Thanks for the feedback, didn't mean to ruffle feathers!!

19. JakeDW

JakeDW
    from Missouri

Yea you will need to get a JAG front end because back then they use to cut the front off a brand new JAG and weld it on Chevys / Fords.:confused:

Not everything has a foraged axle factory maybe he's building a custom.

Corvette front end why not run the rear end of the corvette allso that is what I would call a street rod font end .

Jake

20. 2008 join date:eek:

Are you building a pinto there fella ?

21. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Mustang front end? No. Mustang 5 speed transmission or rear axle...ok. Gotta love it.

22. rjones35

rjones35

Hey I like pintos, except those exploding ones!! Nope, working on a Comet.

23. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Probably a bunch but they are not willing to admit it,and most who do not have a MII will have a camaro or nova front clip and then the remainder have s10 frames. I would bet the percentage of those on here who have a totally traditional hotrod is not as high as one would think.

24. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

i don't know if you listen to the "experts" they still have 1950's air in their tires

25. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

I was thinking the same thing. Would that make those cars street rods? Just sayin'

26. I actually saw that one that exploded in Springfield. It wasn't two feet long from the rear bumper to the dash after getting hit by the dump truck. I think the expolsion was a moot point. :D

I know that I make fun of the MII by calling it a Pinto suspension which on a real MII it is. The ones that get sold by the more reputable dealers are actually re-engineered, they mostly just vaguely resemble a stock MII.

I am not a big fan of them in a traditionaly inspired car. I just think that too many have bought into the hype and never tried to drive a car with a properly setup early suspension. Granted I grew up with the early suspension and drum brakes so my opinion is going to be different, I am not comming from a late model mind set so to speak. I just love the feel of an early car.

Hell I doubt that anyone's feathers got ruffled.

I just like to screw with Don so if I think he is on line I just can't pass up the chance. I wouldn't do it if I didn't like him. ;)

Anyway enough MII questions have been asked over the years that no one's feathers should be ruffled at this point and even if they were a quick pass with a brush should smooth them just fine. :D:D:D

I actually know where there is a car with '40s air in 3 of the tires, maybe '50s. :eek:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  27. No you don't. If the tires haven't had any air added to them since 1950, they are probably flat and cracked, in which case modern air has seeped in and diluted the original air. If they are still holding air since the 1950's, they have most certainly had air added to them - No tire goes that long without leakage - kind of like the air between your ears :D

damn i crack me up

28. You may want to ask Joyo about his '36 or even about the air between my ears for that matter, he may have some insite on both. :D

My '38 has set for 2 years since I bought it, you can actually see the tube in one tire and gawd knows how many years it set before that. But itis probably '60s air. That is what I am going to sell it for when I bleed the tires into a bubble. :D

The thing I like about old tire air is that there isn't as much pollution in them. Hydro carbons are hard on rubber so the old air wouldn't be as hard on the tires. Tires should last longer with old air in them. :D:D:D

29. Come on Beano, there is Nothing Stinkier than Old air coming out of tires! ;)

30. You got that right, unless its old gear oil. :D When you get right down to it there is just a lot of stinky stuff about these old cars.