Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy woodie - help needed (stolen parts)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldwagonlover, Jan 28, 2013.

1. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Hello Hambers,

I need your help!
    I am restoring a 1947 Chevy and last night someone stole all of my wood and woodie specific door regulators and hardware from my house. All thwe wood was brand new and still in crates. I had four original rear doors (1 restored) and 2 front doors that were for door regulator parts. I also had 3 sets of original door panels for trim pieces and patterns. I had other rear fenders in the trailer along with some surfboard, etc.
    The only reason I had all of this in a trailer is because I epoxy coated my floor over the weekend and was waiting for the floor the cure/dry.
    The trailer was locked in my driveway. Chain thru the wheel and wrapped around the axle. When I woke up to take my kids to school the trailer was gone and several cut locks and chain were all that remained on the ground.
    My neighbor said she saw a late model truck taking off at about 2 a.m. from our driveway but didn't think to call the police.
    Please tell all of your friend to keep an eye out. feel free to place a wanted ad for woodie parts and let me know if you get any hits.
    I appreciate any help you can give.
    I have been collecting parts and saving for wood for the past 6 years and was about ready to start building the woodie.
    It is tough when raising a family and living in the San Francisco Bay Area making a modest livivng.
    My dream of building my woodie is not over but a huge bump in the road. Just found out Christmas eve my Mom has stage 4 cancer not a good month...:mad:

2. Man, that really sucks! how i wish i could help you on that! hope the best for you! and i will send prayers for you and your family ..

3. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

Hey I am in your area. What does the trailer look like ? I'll keep an eye out for it.

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

probably someone stealing your trailer to do some other crime.

people suck.

...yeah, post a photo of the trailer.

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

shoot your neighbor... bump to keep this one alive, and i hope you get some of your stuff back

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

get the word out locally cause your wood is going to get dumped somewhere and you might get it back---not so much for the trailer...sorry

7. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

White 4X8 enclosed Wells Cargo all white with Clif Bar Stickers on all sides.

Clif Bar the energy bar Co. like Power Bar. Has a side door in addition to the back door. The front was graffitied/taged and was repainted white. There is yellow runs down the front of the diamond plate. I the vin number is 1wc200c18t4026577.
    Thanks

8. That would be my guess, the wood just came along for the ride and will be dumped. Have the police put out an APB for wood in a ditch or alley.

9. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

10 to 1, they stole the trailer for the wood so they know the victim directly or indirectly. Never show off your parts.

10. ...can you post a pic of the trailer?

11. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

what's the point, they most likely dumped the trailer and made off with the parts.

12. ChefMike

ChefMike

I hope you get your stuff back and that you will finish your dream ! sorry about your mom !

13. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

I never showed the parts to anyone. I had my brother in law and best friend help me load the trailer. The wood is still in the shipping crates? I have been paying as I go for the wood. I am very careful with my stuff and my garage is under my house. I think since I had the trailer locked to the hilt they thought that something must be really valuable in there. Very valuable to me and about 15 other woodie guys but that is about it.

14. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

No pictures of thr trailer. Just a simple enclosed Wells Cargo 4 x 8 white trailer with Clif Bar stickers on each side.

15. Irishman

Irishman

Nothing gets my goat up as much as thieving scumbags.

I'm not allowed a gun but if I ever caught anyone stealing my stuff they'd end up the worse of my steel toecap Doc Martens and a crowbar.

Like you said, a bump in the road...keep the dream alive and when your ride is completed it will feel all the sweeter.

16. I hope someone finds the parts,,it's hard to keep positive when your dealing with the health of a parent and sum low life stealing from you. HRP

17. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

18. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nuther nudge to the top for the day croud. . . keep your eyes peeled!!!

20. 29woodie

29woodie
    from boston, ma

You might want to contact some local chapters of the National Woodie Club and ask that they keep an eye out for a "good deal on wood". Here is a link to a list of chapter contact info:

http://www.nationalwoodieclub.com/chapters.htm

Good luck!

21. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

22. Lowrders

Lowrders
    from DUBUQUE IA

If I were a betting man, they wanted the trailer and have no idea what the wood is/ or what its worth, .. I hate D-bag thieves!!!!

23. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

thieves should be strung up by the balls with barbed wire :mad:

24. Chances are that the wood will go in the garbage, it was all about the trailer. Unless they somehow know what the stuff is and would take the time out to try to off it. Watch CL and evilBay for a while.

Bob

25. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Hope that you get your stuff back, and the crooks get caught.

26. 1badbaker

1badbaker

27. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Oh yeah, it was the trailer they wanted, the stuff inside will just be dumped or scrapped. Lawn service guys steal trailers all the time down here to use in their business. Numbers are easy to swap out and lots of States let you treat a trailer as "homemade" with no questions asked. Your parts just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I wish the best for your Mom and your familly too.

Don

28. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Guys thanks for all the kind words.

I have been out to the local swap meets and three local junkyards. Looking for some of the other items in the trailer that I did not mention to you guys.

I have heard some promising stories of guys finding their stuff a while later on Craigslist.

I am a National Woodie club member and a local Santa Cruz club member. I will be contacting them directly soon. I have posted on some other sites and I know some other woodie members commented on the misfortune.

I believe that the scumbags just wanted the trailer and the stuff inside was a bonus.

29. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Hello Hambers,

Here is an update - I got a phone call from the Oakland Police Department today.
    The trailer was found and I can coime down to the station and pick it up.
    I do not believe that the contents are inside - dispatcher did not know?
    The thieves were out for the contents - not the trailer. I was told that it was dumped and is in good condition.
    I will post more as I know more.

Now the hunt begins for my woodie wood.

Thanks for everyone's support!