Register now to get rid of these ads!

Steadfast Mfg. Model A Project Parts Give Away ! !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steadfast mfg, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

I really like all of the photos Thanks for the big response keep the project photos coming.

2. Thank you for being so generous with your offer. Looks like a great product.

Here is my project I have been working on. My tudor with hand made rails, banjo rear, 331 c.i hemi,and a T5 five speed with the adapter for the torque tube.

The theme is an old traditional hot rod, updated with a hemi.

Attached Files:

3. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Add me to the raffle to i could use them. I picked up my coupe last year. It was an old restoration that was never finished. I sold off the stock chassis and plan to put it on a 32 frame. The rear frame rails had some bad repairs from the 70's so the Steadfast rails would be ideal! I'll be running an 8BA flathead with a T-5 and early Bronco 9". Have a dropped 32 heavy axle and wishbones for the front.

Attached Files:

4. DJM

DJM

1931 ford 5w coupe on 32 rails. 9 inch ford. dropped and drilled Model a axle. best part...392 hemi with wc245 intake big button 97's and a tko500 trans. changing to wishbones upfront. and a 40 ford spring in the rear...by by coils... also have 45 fin buick drums for the front...the body is getting chopped. depending on who you ask...3 or 5 inches. as you can see body and floors next...could use the help. thanks for the support.

Semper Fidelis,
    Dave

Attached Files:

5. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

This is gonna be a tough decision to make when it is all over !

6. grazy

grazy

Enjoying all these Model-A projects nice work !

7. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

We are running this until Tuesday so lets keep the photos coming !

8. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

I thought I would have some more photos to look at by now .

9. DJM

DJM

I would like to see your cross members. Thinking of running flat to drop another inch. Also need perch to run rear spring.

10. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

Still looking for more project photos ! !

11. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

Here's some pic's of my coupe. I found it on C/L and bought it from an elderly gentleman in Columbus. It had been an early attempt at an amateur restoration and had been stored away in an old building for many years.
    I bought a pair of deuce rails from J.W.Rod Garage, built me a half-assed frame table and had at it. I pinched the rails in back, added front and rear crossmembers and boxed the frame. The front axle is a Model A dropped by Joe's Speed Shop with '37-'41 spindles, a So-Cal front spring and P&J hardware. The front brakes are F2/F250 with Buick 45 fin drums mounted on '40/'41 style hubs. The split bones are '40 Merc. hung with Speedway hardware.
    The rear axle is a '69 Bronco with 4.11 gears. It is held in place with P&J ladder bars and supported with a '40 front spring again using P&J hardware.
    The shell and insert are Vintiques Inc. and the WWW big and littles are from Coker and mounted on 4" front and 5" rears.
    Plans call for a sweet little small journal 327 backed up by a hybrid t5 with a Camaro/Firebird close ratio box and an S10 tailshaft housing. The F1 pedal assy will mount to a custom fabricated k-member of my own design....
    Oh yea, check out what the Big Brown Truck dropped off at my house some time back!!! A new subrail kit from Steadfast Mfg!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  12. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hey!

This is the beginning of my '28-29 Sport Coupe! This will be my first hot rod project ever and IronFord is helping me build it! We are running a frame from Gary Maxwell out of Blackboard Hot Rods in Bakersfield, CA. As to drivetrain, we have a 347 stroker Ford with a Tremec TKO 600 and a Ford 9" rear end with a '40 Ford front spring and ladder bars. Front suspension will consist of Chassis Engineering 4" drop axle, F-100 steering box with '36 Ford split wishbones, Buick drums, and Wilson Welding backing plates. The car will have a removable top when it is complete. The color will be Andalusite Blue with a black roof and suspension components. The wheels will be chrome steelies, and 4.50/4.75-16 Firestones on 16x4.5 wheels on the front, and 7.50-16 Firestones on 16x5 wheels on the rear.

As you can see, we have a long way to go, and we need all the help we can get! This is my first hot rod ever, and I am looking forward to seeing this car on the street with me behind the wheel! I cannot wait! HUGE props to Metalhotrodgirl for designing my left arm tattoo! The first roadtrip in the Sport Coupe is East to see her! I love my ink and hope she will stripe my car too!

Thanks everyone, and most of all, thank you Steadfast, for this wonderful opportunity!

SquirrelTail!

13. My name is Joe, and I'm 16. I am building a 1930 model A coupe. The inspiration for my car came from the comp coupes that ran at the early R.T.A. lakes meets. So far it sits on deuce rails, with an early(dago or mor-drop I think) dropped front axle, '40 ford rear, and a '38 ford trannie..... It's chopped 5" in back and about 6 1/2" up front(not finished yet). As of now I have tacked in a temporary steel tube rear subframe(which I am unhappy with)....
    Right now I'm in the middle of packing up all my stuff and moving to California.... So I've not been working, which means even less funds to put towards my coupe. This kit would really help me solidify the rear of my coupe! Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  14. josh highley

josh highley

I am getting ready to start on a coupe with my dad. He was into hot rods when I was little. He built a 1934 Plymouth coupe in high school and drove it all the way into the early 90's. Well family happened and he had to sell it. He really hasn't had anything since. Now that I have gotten into it hot and heavy, he is ready for another real hot rod. He has been gathering parts for about 2 years and we are ready to start on it. Here is a quick run down of what he has so far.

1930 A coupe quarters
    31 Slant cowl and doors
    1933 Ford header and windshield section
    1962 Cadillac 390 w/ a gm 4 spd
    1956 old rear
    16x4 steelies up front / 16x8 steelies with pie crusts in the back

Car will get a 5"(maybe more) chop, front posts laid back with a 33 ford header and windshield section. A real lakes inspired top. Here are a couple of pics so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Please add my heap to the list. Those subrails would make a killer addition to the back of my body. Attached is a link to my build thread if that is an okay way to join the drawing.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94649&showall=1

After being stalled for a while I am back at it!!!

Thanks for offering these up they will help someone greatly!
    moose

16. I'm doing a 27 coupe on deuce rails!! Been collecting parts for few months!! Going to be a hopped up banger motor!!!! I could use a kit like that!!

17. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Heres a few pictures for you. This is the next project in line after my 27 roadster. I recently found an original 32 chassis and will use that instead of the A frame. This was a mockup to see what all was missing. Subrails would help out a bunch, thanks for the offer!

29 roadster in an hour:

Step one, grab an axle:

[​IMG]

Step 2: Kill some hornets and get a rear axle

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step 3: Throw a frame on (I'll change this for the 32' rails)

[​IMG]

add some more bits:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice filled fender. Blah. All this needs to come out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for your consideration, it would help me out a ton!

18. moldmaker scott

moldmaker scott
    from michigan

chop 5 inches, 327 sbc th350. Have a flathead but that will be later. Its a rumble. Would like to try to keep it that way if I can mount battery and gas elsewhere.

Attached Files:

19. slimcat7m3

slimcat7m3
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A really good friend sure could use that subrail kit. He has been working on this car for a while and we all know how easy some of these jobs are by yourself. Being that he is 800 miles away, I may just have to buy a plane ticket to help him intstall them. Thanks, Jeremy

Attached Files:

20. 49chev

49chev

This is my 31 Model A sedan. I actually bought it as a school project when I attended Hot Rod Institute in South Dakota. Its been through a lot of work to this point, even though it may still not look like it.

I started by actually building 32 rails from scratch that I learned off the hamb. A 35 Ford frame donated the x member and front axle, and model a crossmembers front and rear. It will be running a flathead and t5 that I have built for it.

The body has been chopped four inches, and have made all my patch panels from scratch. The body sat on the edge of a pallet for many years in storage, which tweaked the original sub rails very badly. I had to completely cut out all the old subrails to straighten the body. I started trying to build subrails before I found out about your kit, so it is getting retooled again with your products.

Everything on the car I have either hand built or found in a junkyard or field. It is a car that I am building for learning purposes, and have learned more than you can imagine from it. Metal fab is kind of a dying art, and with me being only 20, I hope to try and keep it alive.

Attached Files:

21. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Entering this for my brother who is currently on a mini tour with his band at the moment, he sent me the info last minute.

Hey,,, my brother clued me into what you guys are doing here at the last minute.. I think it is awesome. What an awesome idea. A Free Parts Contest....

Well here goes... My name is Kevin... I am in the process of building a 1929 sport coupe on 32 rails (rails not pictured, still paying a buddy for them,, one more payment,, and the rails are mine...)

The plan is to have a removable 5 window hard top on this sport coupe. It will run alot of 1958 corvette stuff (i.e, 58 283 sbc to 3 speed ford tranny, vette steering wheel, vette seats, 40 merc rear end, and 40 merc juice brakes up front). Not to mention all the other "A" parts i have been hunting for well over 7 years... I am building this sport coupe as traditional as possible, and on a budget (hence the 7 year parts gathering, i am a patient boy). But i am happy to announce.. The build has finally begun... Did i mention that my sub rails are non existent??

I am a touring musician and have just welcomed my first child Neil into the world. So needless to say,,, there is no budget for this build. I put my entire hot-rod fund into my sons nursery, and his first Christmas,,, SOOOO,,,, free parts are right up my alley... And your sub-rails are SICK...

(I am not too far away,,, so i can pick it up too, The money you SAVE ON SHIPPING ... could go to charity..) no joke....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Entering this for my brother who is currently on a mini tour with his band at the moment, he sent me the info last minute.
    His user name is AMPLINE on here but from the van he couldn't get pics to load, so I figured I would try to help him out! Here is his info and pics enjoy!

Hey,,, my brother clued me into what you guys are doing here at the last minute.. I think it is awesome. What an awesome idea. A Free Parts Contest....

Well here goes... My name is Kevin... I am in the process of building a 1929 sport coupe on 32 rails (rails not pictured, still paying a buddy for them,, one more payment,, and the rails are mine...)

The plan is to have a removable 5 window hard top on this sport coupe. It will run alot of 1958 corvette stuff (i.e, 58 283 sbc to 3 speed ford tranny, vette steering wheel, vette seats, 40 merc rear end, and 40 merc juice brakes up front). Not to mention all the other "A" parts i have been hunting for well over 7 years... I am building this sport coupe as traditional as possible, and on a budget (hence the 7 year parts gathering, i am a patient boy). But i am happy to announce.. The build has finally begun... Did i mention that my sub rails are non existent??

I am a touring musician and have just welcomed my first child Neil into the world. So needless to say,,, there is no budget for this build. I put my entire hot-rod fund into my sons nursery, and his first Christmas,,, SOOOO,,,, free parts are right up my alley... And your sub-rails are SICK...

(I am not too far away,,, so i can pick it up too, The money you SAVE ON SHIPPING ... could go to charity..) no joke....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Dan1955

Dan1955

30 model A coupe. Just had my nephew in Tucson put together a set of ASC stamped 32 rails together for it.
    Was looking into buying this exact kit. And most likely still will. It looks like a great product. Thanks for putting this together.
    Can't seem to upload pic from iPhone.

24. Steadfast mfg

Steadfast mfg

'54 Caddy has been chosen as the Winner of the Sub Rail Kit from Steadfast we liked all of the cool projects everybody has going. We liked the father son project getting it done in a cool style with what you have. Congrats!

The Crew @ Steadfast Mfg.

25. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Thank you guys so much!!! You have no idea how much we appreciate this! We've never won anything before and we're blown away by your generosity! Thanks again! Josh

26. Elrod

Elrod

Congrats Josh. Keep that project moving! Looking forward to seeing it on the road!

27. Congrats Josh! Good luck with the project!

28. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Congrats 54 Caddy!

29. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats Josh! Hope you'll keep the posts coming on the build!

Good stuff right here.... This is just part of what makes the HAMB such an amazing place.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Thanks everyone! Ill be updating the build thread in the future! Still can't believe we won!