Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cal Hot Rod Reunion, who's goin'?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chili Phil, Sep 12, 2005.

1. It's almost time for the best car party in the world. The Vipers will be in the back of the pits as usual. Swatting flies and swapping lies. No confirmation yet, but we've invited ol' Henry Harrison out to join us. THAT will be great if he can make it. He drove for a lot of the good ones back in the golden days of drag racin'. The stories make rock and roll touring tales look tame. Also we've invited Terry Harrison of fuel altered fame.

Not too sure about the 15oz Coupe. The engine is at Schultz's being freshened up and the chassis is getting some tabs and mounts welded on it. Have high hopes to make a few squirts at the March Meet. Look out Winged Express, we're gonna come looking for you, soon, soon.

We're going to be celebrating Mike Demarest, who passed on this year. He was a cornerstone of the Vipers and we'll be raising a few Bloody Caligulas in his honor.

Hope to see a lot of you folks there. 10 am for Bloodys. Brandy, there's one with your name on it. I know you like 'em HOT.

chili

2. derelict

derelict

3. Church

Church
    from South Bay

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I hear thru the grapevine that we'll be in Bakerfield on that Sunday Oct 2nd. I'm hoping plans are to attend the CHRR on that day. If so, I'd really like to meet all you guys. Someone please plan a meet and greet at a certain location and time on Sunday and I'll do my best to be there, with Big Olds of course. I'll have more details on my trip shortly and will update then.

5. ironworks

ironworks

Well we are having an open house at my shop for the ego rama folks on Sunday night Oct 2nd and you are all welcome to attend. But I presume most people will be tired after the drags and heading home. We should be eating and hangin out and hopefully gonna fire a 55 chevy gasser with a blown 1000 horsepower big block. It sounds unreal. Oh but I have heard about these world famous cookies, short bus mentioned them.

Rodger

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Tired and heading home??? Not me:D I'll be there will "bells on" so to speak. Infact, I'm really looking forward to it. Unfortunantly, I'll have been on the road for 10 days at this point any any cookies I would bring would be rock hard. Unless of course, you have an oven at your shop. Then I could bake you some very, very fresh ones......... and I don't mean the one that you bake you powder coated pieces in either.:D

7. Shag

Shag

Denise you know you will be able to find me there at the drags.

Roger I don't know if I will be able to make it to your thing as I will have been at Famoso for 3 days. It will be the first weekend I haven't worked on my house in quite sometime. I even skipped the final two Summit races (I wasn't in the points anymore :( ) this past weekend. I would like to see that 55 run! I'm glad the guy decided to go through with the build. You guys have to see this car. Old school and ready!

8. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I have to work.:(

Brandy

9. Friday for sure, and maybe back again Saturday if i don't go to the KKOA show in Solvang

10. Aw, you don't work 24 hours, Brandy. I've already packed your drink glass.

chili

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Well since your going to twist my arm.:D Okay! Count me in!! What time's drinkies?

xxx
    Brandy

12. slickmick

slickmick

I will be there along with some of the other Aces members.

13. Muttley

Muttley

Pepe and I will be there.......hopefully.

14. recycler

recycler

Chilli Phil, I'll be there all 3 days. I'd love to meet some more hambers. What day are the 10am drinks? And where in the pits? Brad

15. Mike

Mike

I plan to be at the Rattle Can Nats at Harris Ranch on Friday morning, then on to Famoso for the rest of the weekend. I'm not sure what heap I'll be driving.

16. tim burns

tim burns
    from Oregon

i'll be there thursday afternoon. i crew for bob clayton's A/Gas 'rat infested 2" 33 willys coupe now that i dont race my own anymore. much cheaper to help him than run my own!

17. Yep, I'll be there in the '47.
    Don

18. stan292

stan292

Chili-

I'll be there all three days - hangin' with the Standard 1320 gang (look for the "cackle cars" that are being lit off periodically throughout the event").

Of course, I'll be digging the HAMB scene too. Just look for the "greybeard" in the bright red ball cap with the big University of Nebraska "N" on the front (but for these three days, the "N" stands for NITRO!).

Safe travel everyone. See you at Famoso.

19. recycler

recycler

Oh Stan! a fellow Cornhusker! I'm originally from Nebraska so I got the "shot" when I was born there. I'll be watching for that hat, I can spot em a mile away. Brad

20. Ok, if all goes right the Vipers will be at the usual spot in the far back of the pits, right across from the place where you get the timing slips. We have a big banner. Drinks are at 10 am providing that I get to the track by then. I make 'em 'til I've had two myself. Then the Bloody Caligula bar closes and we sip beers. I will be getting around to everybody's pits and looking up the HAMBers.

This year I most definetely plan to check Squeekies deal. He builds nice stuff.

Boy!! I can't wait to get a nosefull of NITRO.

cp

21. Just to clarify, Bloody Caligulas in the Viper's pit on Saturday at 10 am.

This will be in honor of our late Viper Brother, Mike "Groundshaker" Demarest.

chili

22. Justin B

Justin B

i'll be there too.
    anyone from san diego leaving on friday morning want to caravan up?

23. I'll be there with a "virgin" from the UK, is Squeek having his deal this year and can someone PM the scoop? I can't remember where the shop is cause I was out front last time I went drinking honest to god moonshine with a bunch of HAMBers!!! Hey Brad hope we run across ya out there!! Sorry no more Caddy to cruise in but oh well....

24. I'll be there, look foward to meeting some of you guys

25. Not only is it the week that the OK! Speed Shop in Vallejo Ca will be
    What a great week. Looking forward to meeting some of you people!

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  26. ironworks

ironworks

Squeek is having his deal Saturday night and then I'm having the deal for Rod and Custom mag and the Ego Rama on sunday night at my shop. Hope to see yall. Rodger

Attached Files:

27. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

I'll be there. Bring'n a motor to Luke Jivetalker. Look for the tall guy with cowboy hat with HAMB 4spd logo on the back.

28. Muttley

Muttley

Dude, where you been??

29. You are??? HOT DAMN! Hit my cell when you get to the track or town or whatever, I'll be out there all day Sat & Sun (provided I'm not too hungover on Sunday!)
    Skip