Register now to get rid of these ads!

A gripe about Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porkchop4464, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And...

The idea that anything to do with traditional hot rods is "played out", doesn't hold water for me. Red paint, black paint, red wheels, steelies, wires, particular engines, roadsters, coupes, chop, no chop, channeled or not...imo, it's all very cool...no matter how many times it's been done. If I saw 20 black traditional hot rod roadsters blasting down the highway together, I can't imagine that I'd be thinking, "Oh...how dumb...they're all the same." Lol.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

Porkchop,I get it.but here same old same old is the norm.i have seen how anything different from the trad get blasted.theres all kind of cool cars bein put together,the really different drivetrain set ups,all wheel drive and stuff.but most on this site call it a rat rod ,or street rod.theres alot of ppl that have a problem with the small block Chevies .you have to look elsewhere for innovation.this is a traditional site,we get reminded of that everyday seems like.go beat on your hotrod.:)

3. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Think outside of the box! Everybodies box is different. Do what you want and like and F all the rest. I looked at your truck, good start . What ever you think is wild make it wild in your eyes and people will like it. People are tired of the same cars also. We all go to car shows for R and D for the next build. If you see a picture of a car you want to build then someone has already done it. I look at the old old race pictures to help me and then change it more. The harder it is to build it the better it will be. Most poeple anymore look for the easy builds.
    Cool !
    James

4. waine

waine

We all speak the same langauge but its how you put the words together that makes you an individual.I'd like to think that building hot rods or anything else we do in our lives follows suit.If you own muscle cars or corvettes there are only so many things you can do to them and then you go to a cruise night and they are all the same because its blasphemy if you go away from stock and it devalues the cars.When you have a hotrod you can change it anyway you want to and then next year change it again.Thats what keeps you from getting bored with the hobby.Sure it may look similar to alot of other cars but hopefully you put your own touch to it and that what keeps you going out to the garage. Thats what makes it fun.

5. GREASER815

GREASER815

I build what I like, if it has been before...whatever. I am out having fun and enjoying life. Sometimes there are only so many ways to do something. Over the years there have been many things tried and found to be better than others, why change that? As long as your happy in the end and proud to say you did it then who cares.

6. oneowner

oneowner

How is it... "Traditional"... if we do something that hasn't allready been done???

7. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Even if something has been done many times,....The chances of seeing them on every other street corner in your area is not too likely,... Build it how you like it, and enjoy !!!

4TTRUK

8. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i like to look at other guys cars and find little parts "he" made instead of buying. that alone sets one mans car from another. you wont notice them from a quick glance, you've got to really start looking. how does his steering column pass thru the firewall, hows the wiring routed, you can really see areas that maybe the owner struggeled with. it's like a "foresic" examination. paint and wheels are one thing, i enjoy seeing whats holding it together. and if you should strike-up a conversation with owner, they always have more to say that "i bought it that way".

9. Moonequipt13

Moonequipt13

This is a traditional hot rod site, innovation is frowned upon:rolleyes:

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Baloney...
    Innovation is possible without any modern influence. All it requires is fresh thought and old parts.

11. belair

belair

I have a black 55 2 door sedan Chevy with Americans on it. It is neither cutting-edge nor ground-breaking. But it's mine, I like it, and I'm having fun. Get back in the garage.

12. unclezip

unclezip

What about that 'big smile' when you pull out of the garage to go fuel it up....
    Thats the cats ass.....in my opinion......

13. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

There is plenty of room in this hobby to be unique....even using common parts and pieces. Its all what you do with those pieces. Study the lines and figure out what needs to be improved/moved/smoothed/highlighted.

Take my rusty flatbed for example. In factory form, the bed is too long and mounted too low with respect to the cab to be anything you would think of as a hot rod. Shorten the bed a foot and raise it up a bit and all of the sudden things change. Lower the hell out of it and bolt on some flashy wheels and you have a truck that is all mine.

[​IMG]

If that's too normal for you...build something that truely has never been built before. If it comes from your mind and hands as a truely original build...there won't be another one like it.

I'm trying to do that, but not so much for the reason of being different. I have lusted over 30's racecars for years with no hope of ever owning a real one. ...so I'm building a car with the vibe of that era, but is not a replica of anything. I'm harvesting sheetmetal shapes from other cars and building something new. It hasn't been a quick project, but I am enjoying the process...which is what its all about for me.

Here is a mock up picture of The Roofus Special (the boat tail is the roof of a 54 Cadillac).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  14. dclickster

dclickster

Yes, but maybe not for our generation.

15. Rusty Karz

Rusty Karz

In an era when the majority of young men can't even change a flat tire without calling triple a, the fact that we have the skills and inclination to build or at least modify our cars seems like more than enough satisfaction for me. You either love these old cars or you don't.

16. harp

harp

isnt it like rock n roll? the beatles said all the cords and combos had already been used in the sixties, but new music and styles keep coming. so we should keep putting our own twists on whats been done.

17. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Copy's of the originals are a complement. If you don't like the old time honored blue prints,get out your pencil a paper and make your own ideas come to life.
    As far as I'm concerned that's what hot rodding is about.
    Bottom line, It's your car ,build it the way you like it. If when you're done, you don't like it ,blame yourself.

18. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

Believe it or not when I built my COE there was never a hot rod COE at any shows (20 years ago). I took home people's choice first show. And it was never a show piece. Then in the next 10 years every other rod at a show is a COE seems like - now you only see a few at any given show again. Think out of the box - even if it is a "copy" - it was a '40 COE on the cover of Street Rodder Sept 1989 that inspired my build.

And when you are driving it - it sure is unique compared to newer cars....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  19. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Man! I love this damn site. You guys rock. So many people said so many great things and all are right. And I love that Rufus Special! Keep that custom coming along; that thing will be something sharp as bee's knees in not so long. I also understand the excitement of pulling her out of the garage and filling her up for the first time, as I really look forward to that in the future. With my first hotord, I drove to my graduation, but never really got the chance to drive it aorund much after that because of an overheating issue that I was just too young and stupid to figure out at the time (bad shroud/fan air flow below the crossmember on A frame). Anyway, I will keep pluggin away, Thanx all. Keep on roddin'!

20. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

As I stated earlier some people just can't look at anything different without being close minded.take for example the guy who started a post about trading his 48 Chevy for the voodoo Larry car.everybody givin him a hard time callin it a rat rod.doesnt look ratty to me,different ,yes.looks cool ,not the same old stuff.48 Chevies are just boring to me,so I think he did good.to each his own.

21. raven

raven

It may have been done a million times before, but not by YOU!
    Besides, fewer and fewer are doing it any more.
    r

22. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

"It may have been done a million times before, but not by YOU!
    Besides, fewer and fewer are doing it any more."

Boy is that true, Ravin! But I don't think it will ever die either.

23. goetzcr

goetzcr

Some folks have alluded to it, but if you spend too much time on the HAMB, you start thinking that EVERYONE is doing this and that this is actually normal. It’s like if you spend too much time in a strip club you start thinking, “Maybe that attractive lady at the bus stop WOULD like me to try stuffing a dollar in her pants.” No; she doesn’t. (Sorry, that might just be me:eek:)

I’d say this is an infinitesimal size of the population and that this community is lucky to have a place like the HAMB to see and meet so many other like-minded people. I’m just glad that most folks here, while similarly inclined, can appreciate an infusion of innovation and personal style (in moderation of course:D)

My goal is to build something I think is cool and traditional enough for MY tastes, drive the heck out of it, and never stop learning.<O:p</O:p

24. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Goetscr, don't try anything at those bus stops or you might get locked up, brother! Stay outta' them strip joints; I know they can make you feel like a kid in a candy store, but you only pay for the candy, and, well you can finish the rest.

25. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> If it keeps the interest in hot rods going, it’s a good thing.

Most cars I look at have something or a idea that I like, even if as a whole its not my style.

I would put up with 10 red 32 roadsters with 350 if it means other cool cars are in with them. I still get a kick out of seeing a 30s car (even a red f/g shinny 32) cruzin on down the road.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-AU</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:EnableOpenTypeKerning/> <w:DontFlipMirrorIndents/> <w:OverrideTableStyleHps/> </w:Compatibility> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} </style> <![endif]-->

26. 327Eric

327Eric

It is hard to be too original when you are building the same basic cars in the same basic style. Popular is popular for a reason. What looks good looks good. No matter what you do, a deuce is a deuce, a 55 chevy is a 55 Chevy. I have seen many abortions built in the quest to be different, and many cars destroyed. I still see each car as different and unique when i go to a show. Build em how you like. I may like yours better than the guy next to you, or I might like that one the guy paid to have built more, but who cares what I think.

27. inliner2318

inliner2318
    from Tyler, TX

Put some pants on nancy. That time of the month?

It is just rare enough that you have a hot rod.

My kids generation think some fast an furious BS is a hot rod. WTF.

I took an literature class in college and they say that every book or story has been written.

It is the actors that make the story that much better. ;)

28. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You know.... as cool as being into old cars is, some of you guys are putting way too much thought into it. I swear, how do some of you even get out of the driveway, without worrying what the other guy is thinking or what he might say?

Quit worrying if the other guy is going to like your paint, or engine choice or your interior. Show some damn originality and build it your own damn way. Jesus, it's like a bunch of high school girls before the prom. And just like the prom, when it's all said and done, all you are is another piece of ass parading around.

Just build something without permission. It's allowed.

29. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Hey man, hot rods are like twelve-bar blues. They're simple and a lot of people do them. So what? Build it your own way for yourself and enjoy the experience.

I found this funny. :D

30. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Are you going to quit having sex because it's been done so many times before? LOL