Register now to get rid of these ads!

Airbag size???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Br8kNek, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Br8kNek

Br8kNek

I have a 54 Bel air I'm ready to bag, but am not sure what size bags to get. Currently I have a Jim Weimer Mustang II hub-to-hub kit in the front that is set up for airbags.

In back I have the rear end out of a 4x4 S10 and it is connected to a tri 4 link and the frame is notched and bridged. I'll be running an Accuair E-level set up.

Any recommendations of bag size, make, model, etc would be appreciated. I've heard good things about the slam specialties brand.

2. Bcchooligan

Bcchooligan
    from Mass

Run slam re 6s invthe front and 6 or 7s invthe rear

3. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

Depends on where the bag is mounted in the rear on what size you run. You can run almost any 2500 in the front or a Slam re6.

4. TMoney

TMoney

I just M2'd my shoebox and suicidedoors.com told me 7" bags would work all around. I didn't completely trust that so I ordered a kit with Slam Specialties re6 (6") up front and re7 (7") in the back. I'm glad I went with my gut intsinct because the re6s BARELY fit without rubbing.

5. Br8kNek

Br8kNek

Awesome. Thanks guys. Think I'll go with the SS6's all the way around.

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

More than likely, you will be limited to a 6" bag in the front. I have yet to see any MII setup that can take a 7" bag without major cutting and fab. We use Slam Specialties bags (mostly SS-series), exclusively at our shop.

7. john~N~dallas

john~N~dallas

SS 6 up front as said before .. And SS 7 in the rear..

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Yep get slams, 6's in the front and 7's in the back. Won't get much lift in the back with 6's