Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs In Wisconsin, this is fixable.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squablow, Oct 9, 2009.

1. flatjack

flatjack

That got sold last year.

2. bronco gasser

bronco gasser
    BANNED
    from GB WI

kool ride, working on one just as rusty.the frame was good but the body was rusted in half. hopfully will be road worthy for symco.

3. da dodge brother

da dodge brother
    from wisconsin

Hey Mr. Squablo ... J.T. in Stevens Point on this end. Putting that 2 tone green one to good use yet. Looks like you really need that one. Hope it works out for you ....

--- CLICK TO ENLARGE ---
    info. at --- www.kkoanorthevent.yolasite.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  4. belair

belair

Insane. And I know you will pull it off. I LOVE the color combo on the 4 door.

5. rockabilly53

rockabilly53

Ill definitely be heading to stevens point for that! I'd like to get a hamb crew to go to Automotion this year in the dells

6. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

Damn!! You northerners fix some crazy rusty stuff! That takes balls and dedication. We have rust where I live, but not like that unless it's been sitting in the mud for 50 years or something.

7. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

As long as this thread has be resorected I thought I'd update my post, post #2, at the beginning.

I gave up on the original '37 Buick, it was a total rot bucket. I am using the front fenders, grill and hood from the original car. I bought a better body but it's still pretty rough but a lot better than the first one. I've had four of these cars in the last couple of years and have learned a lot about them.

Here's my latest rot I'm diving into. I'm tearing it apart and making patch pieces for it. It's about the same on both sides and the trunk. The rest of the body is pretty nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. jazz1

jazz1

I think for karma ya better save the tree as well.

9. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

damn i feel bad now ,i junked a 72 beetle with way less rust.i hate bodywork.

10. Leevon

Leevon
    from Nixa, MO

11. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

12. Squablow

Squablow

Hey JT, yes, the hardtop shell I got from you is intended for this project. It's gonna make things a heck of a lot easier not having to splice the quarters togther in the center. It'll still require most of the 4 door donor car but it should work out real nice.

This one is still fairly low on the priorities list at the moment though, so no updates to post. The 2 door converted '56 Chevy is damn near ready for paint, and I've got a 47 Olds coupe in the shop right now, still have a couple more to work through before I get to it.

But it will get it's turn, in time. Also aquired all the necessary parts to put together a '55 correct 270 Red Ram hemi engine for the convert over the last couple years.

Bob, glad to see that Buick is still coming along, sometimes you have to use 2 or 3 cars to build one up here in the land of rust.

13. Squablow

Squablow

Also, I'm really looking forward to the new KKOA date, I think the spring show is the way to go. Looking forward to it.

14. Joe Didio

Joe Didio

Mine

Attached Files:

15. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

So were you able to save the trees and plant them in your yard?

16. rocksolidnate

rocksolidnate
    from Viroqua Wi

like the nailhead

17. jesse1980

jesse1980

Holy crap! I admire your optimism.

18. That'll buff out.

19. That thing is "MINT" ... must've looked long for that beaut!

20. True, but everything that MOVES is deadly poisonous!!

Cosmo

21. txturbo

txturbo

Wow...that car has some history....and its own family tree.

22. J53

J53
    from WI

I may have mentioned this once before but... Give Dan at Kemps Rod and Restoration a call. They're up in Iron Mountain, Great guy! Spent tons of time on the phone and then again at BTT50's talking to me about a '40 Buick I'm doing. He does a lot of late 30's Buick stuff so he may have what ya need.

23. jimbousman

jimbousman

An old judge in town thought he had a real find up near Holy Hill just outside Slinger. Seems there was this '19 Model T Ford roadster was parked in the woods. Story goes the owner drove it in the woods and parked it with the top up and all. Sure enough it was all there. The engine was free and everything. We hack a few trees down to get it out and gently pushed it up onto the trailer and hauled it back to my shop. When I got there I looked back at the trailer and the car was gone. I near crapped my pants. I hopped out of the truck only to find the old T was there...kind of. There was radiator and an engine sticking up from what looked like a pile of rusty shrapnel. I swear there was nothing bigger than a pie plate. The car had literally imploded into a pile of rust dust.

But that wasn't the end. Six months waiter Old Judge and a couple of his grand daughters comes chugging in the yard in what looks like a ModelT roadster. Like I say "look like" Seems he saved the radiator, frame and drivetrain and had some local guy fab up a sort of a T body. He was happy as a pig in poop. Can't say as I blame him. He had his roadster.

24. jimbousman

jimbousman

An old judge in town thought he had a real find up near Holy Hill just outside Slinger. Seems there was this '19 Model T Ford roadster was parked in the woods. Story goes the owner drove it in the woods and parked it with the top up and all. Sure enough it was all there. The engine was free and everything. We hack a few trees down to get it out and gently pushed it up onto the trailer and hauled it back to my shop. When I got there I looked back at the trailer and the car was gone. I near crapped my pants. I hopped out of the truck only to find the old T was there...kind of. There was radiator and an engine sticking up from what looked like a pile of rusty shrapnel. I swear there was nothing bigger than a pie plate. The car had literally imploded into a pile of rust dust.

But that wasn't the end. Six months waiter Old Judge and a couple of his grand daughters comes chugging in the yard in what looks like a ModelT roadster. Like I say "look like" Seems he saved the radiator, frame and drivetrain and had some local guy fab up a sort of a T body. He was happy as a pig in poop. Can't say as I blame him. He had his roadster.

25. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I've been to their web site. Looks like really good parts. He has what I need but I don't have want he wants $$$$

26. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

So, did the ad say, "Rust in the usual places" ?

27. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Anything is fixable just depends on how much money your willing to spend!
    Jay

28. jhaas63

jhaas63

From another Wisconsiner you are a good man sir, saving one like that.

29. J53

J53
    from WI

If you plan on making your own patches he may have some helpful advise. I couldn't afford what he wanted to make me a tailpan either but offered some good advise and I pounded one out myself. It came out really nice and fit great but when I consider how long it took me, it's easy to see why he gets what he gets and was wishing I would have just bit the bullet and had him do it. Worst part is, about two months after I got it mounted I came accros a nos tailpan on the 'bay. That's ok this one is a little more custom and I can say I did it. I also looked for two years for a drivers door and got lucky and found one just before I called to have him make me a skin. Hopefully I can make it work...

30. big M

big M

Keep us posted on your Dodge project, good to see another one saved!

I'm doing a similar project on a '59 Sport Fury convertible that a friend of mine found in an abandoned yard in upstate New York. Lots of work, but rewarding once you get along in the project.

---John