Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maybe i don't fit in here

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by lonesouth, Jan 23, 2013.

1. lonesouth

lonesouth
    from Florida

I have a 1977 bronco that is less of a restoration and more of a modify to fit my needs/talents. I got my first bronco, a 73, back in 03 after seeing my brother's roomate's 71 and deciding I had to have one. Before that I had never changed the oil in a car. I am now on my third bronco, having sold the 73 and another 77, and have swapped engines, transmissions and am now delving into paint.

I came across this board when researching peel and seal and hit on the huge thread about it here. From what I've gleaned, this is mostly pre-60's vintage cars and I'm a bit too young. What I've also seen is a lot of innovation that doesn't care about vintage; if it works, I want to put it to good use. Looking forward to reading more builds and tips, and I, like most on forums, am a picture whore and you guys post some good stuff.

[​IMG]

2. jesse1980

jesse1980

Welcome anyway from Indiana. I don't discriminate. Nice bronco.

3. 34Flatty

34Flatty

Ive had two EBs, a 66 and 70. Love them and will have one again someday.

4. Oh boy...............

5. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

6. S.F.

S.F.

You just did the equivelent of posting a Musting on a Corvette board....nice bronco, Id drive it......but not what this site is about...at all, not even close.

7. mob53

mob53

That bronco is sweet. I love it. Still not for this board though......sorry man.

8. Nothing wrong with coming here to learn and Dream. Your right, The Bronco isn't going to get you much Kudo's. That don't mean you can't hang out. I just wouldn't Brag it up much unless you have Large Shoulders. By the way, I like the Older Bronco's. They make Good Hunting rigs and when you roll one over there's always the Winch on front to Flip ya back up as long as there's a good Tree near by.
    The Wizzard

9. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

Pirate4x4 is where you need to be for that stellar EBC

10. Well wrong board but now You signed up so You're on thin ice;just You wait and see,hang here for a month or two and You will find Yourself in a shop banging away on some old poc You just bought for the money You got from selling that Bronco...It's a virus and You just signed on to get it...

Ooh... and welcome to the H.A.M.B.

11. lonesouth

lonesouth
    from Florida

Yea, that's about the sort of response I was expecting, still it was more welcoming than I would have gotten posting an intro on Pirate with a ricer. I'm here to learn and contribute where applicable. I'll keep the EB stuff quiet though. I just don't like to lurk on a board without at least joining and giving an intro.

12. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hey there lonesouth.
    Apart from 'leading with your chin' by posting a pic of an Off Topic (OT) Bronco, it sounds like you'll get by here OK.
    Enjoy your time, and you don't necessarily have to paint a target on yourself, unless you just like the beatings.
    Welcome anyway.
    Cheers.

13. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

You will be fine on here just do like everyone above has said. You will be amazed by how much of the 4x4 stuff crosses over for build techniques, and like dad-bud said it's a bad virus.

14. Veach

Veach

Is there a shot or something you can take for it cause its eating me up

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Lonesouth,

My daily driver is a year newer than yours. Makes for great fun in the winter while the vintage toys take up the shop, and works great for chasing pre-65 parts!

Welcome to the HAMB.
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1359085560.673879.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Most of us own off topic cars & trucks but know they are not welcome here,,enjoy the site and hang around and learn,,but remember this site is pre '65. HRP

17. BlackJackPG

BlackJackPG
    from Idaho!

Hey, I came in the same way! Owning a few OT cars, but a lover of cars in general. Before I knew it, I was in the truck heading South on a 2,800 mile trip to New Mexico to pick up a 1940 Chevy Coupe. Like Havoc Bender said, "It's a virus." Just wait, it'll set in.

I'm still on thin ice too, so we'll see how it works out for the both of us!

Welcome!

Pete

18. wingedexpress

wingedexpress

Welcome aboard.There are alot of 4x4 guys here we just don't talk about them much, This was my daily driver until i sold it last winter.
    [​IMG]

19. firingorder1

firingorder1

Welcome. I've only got three wheels and I'm still here.

20. Actually pre '66 but who's counting:D

21. Scumdog

Scumdog

When one of your vehicles is a '66 ya sure as hell count!!:D

22. What are you doing up so late Tom?

23. 97

Peeping out a crack in the curtains to see if anyone else wants to try flogging a car out of his driveway. :eek::eek:
    PS : Its way past your bedtime too Clive! Gotta save your energy for 9th.

24. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

What everyone else said and and I also had a 67 Bronco. Had all three tops for it too.

25. Now get rid of that 4 by 4 n get a hotrod already! Jus kiddin n welcome anyway!

26. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

My wife would gladly trade you a 59 merc wagon for that. It would get you in the right era of cars =AND= would finally get her in something she could run around topless in :eek:

27. Welcome, I goofed and mentioned the r*t word once, almost got the whiplash back hand...I'm all better now and know the difference. I use my (OT) K2500 to trailer projects back home. Hang out, a ton of excellent reference material and knowledge!

28. lonesouth

lonesouth
    from Florida

Maybe I'll pick up a 66 Bronco, then I can fit in better. I'll try to sit in the corner and not cause too much commotion. Maybe after the kids are out of college, I'll have time and money for a more attractive ride.

29. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

What do you mean too young for this site? All my friends are in their 30's. I first came here when I was 22. You're never too young to start :)

30. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

You may not have the proper ride, but in my book you have the right attitude...
    Welcome aboard!