Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Shifter Company?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by McKee, Oct 29, 2010.

1. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

Some months ago, I started a thread here asking for all the brand names covered by the Hoffman Group. From memory, a partial list of brands included Helix, American Shifter, Zirgo fans, Keep It Clean Wiring, and I don't remember who else (I suffer from CRS.) For a fairly complete list, do a search and look for my list. When the subject of cheaply made Chinese crap comes up, why is Harbor Freight not discussed? Is there a no-fly zone over them?

2. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

Add AutoLoc, Vintage Reproduction Parts, Aurora gauges and Trigger Horns to the Hoffman list of crap companies.

3. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Pick up any magazine and you will see multiple full page adverts from them with all the products listed by the posters above this post.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. jesse1980

jesse1980

So much negativity

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No, just reality. How you take it is your decision.

6. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Wake up "AMERICA" buy what America builds its up to us the people to change all this out sourcing crap.I aint no saint but I sure am looking at everything I buy

7. 52lomofo

52lomofo

ad in latest issue of rod and culture that genie shifter coming back??

8. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

I remember when Spencers got raided that was hilarious.

9. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

Yeah I emailed the company and they pretty much said designed,assembled and sold in the USA and in fine print said made at their factory in china. Which is funny because technically if u buy the kit, YOU assemble it onto your trans. So, mostly simliar design, cheaply made in china, sold to suckers in USA for more profit, and assembled by you.
    Makes sense if your at the top of that biz

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

They should be marketed as AMERICAN SHITTER if Hoffman Group have anything to do with it.
    They are here in Australia now, absolutely hopeless to deal with and should be avoided at all costs....
    If you want a poor quality product cheap, buy it direct out of Hong Kong
    Just out of interest, i see Goodguys have dropped their ads in the last 2 issues of the Gazette, hopefully the writing is on the wall for these shonky pricks !

11. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

...Ohh. You mean "Amelikaan shiftel kompaniii"

12. BSL409

BSL409

Long Shifter has the best shifter made for a racing a stick car ( Made in the USA
    G-force

13. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So is Gennie back in production? What are the benefits over Lokar? I have used Lokar and B&M too. I just want a shifter that works and will not require a second mortgage to buy

14. 34toddster

34toddster
    from Missouri

My 6 spd has a Long on it Built like it was meant to be abused and survive!:eek:

15. 5window

5window

Let's not start this crap again. Products made anywhere are made to the specs the manufacturer orders. "Made in USA" doesn't guarantee it won't be garbage if that's the specifications that were supplied. You have to look at each product on it's own merits. There are plenty of top quality, well made products from all around the world. Japanese electronics, German instruments,for instance, just to name two areas.

FWIW, the spelling and grammar check on your computer was "made in the USA". You might want to check that out.

16. Redtoptravis

Redtoptravis

JUNK! Just bought one and had so many issues.

17. Super Streak

Super Streak
    from Florida

Buy American, the job you save may be your own !

18. Skavangs49_Merc

Skavangs49_Merc
    from Sturgis,SD

I was at Spencer gifts when that place got raided back in the day at Rushmore Mall in South Dakota. I though i did something wrong and one of the officers said where is all the vibrators? Me and my ex wife were on the ground laughing.

19. Exactly, im not a supporter of Chinese made shit but a hell of a lot of US companys are getting their stuff built in China to their specs, Just bought some Loctite the other day only to find its now made in China,as disappointing as it is to see this iconic US company selling out by sourcing overseas is that going to stop all you guys from buying one of the best brands out there?? In saying that when buying car parts for me its only US brands, I will avoid buying on price, cause as you know usually you pay for what you get!!

20. 55Belairretrorod

55Belairretrorod
    from Australia

I'll freely admit that I've had no experience with Hoffmann Group products so I won't comment on their quality. I will say however that I've unsubscribed to their email marketing list well in excess of 40 times and they just won't go away!

Arnold.

21. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

It's kind of hard to maintain respect for all those who rationalize buying stuff made by slaves. ( I know where my computer came from, but sometimes,
    like with shifters, we have a choice.)