Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 cadillac price

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JohnnyNitrous, Dec 30, 2012.

1. JohnnyNitrous

JohnnyNitrous

Thinking of going to check out a 53 cadillac coupe for sale locally. What's a good price for one? Its stock, solid and complete, but been sitting a long time inside and doesn't run. Looks like its a series 62 hardtop. He's asking 6K for it

2. hard to say without seeing a picture:)

3. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

If it's rust free and you love it, 5-6k doesn't sound horrible.

4. JohnnyNitrous

JohnnyNitrous

5. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

what are you waiting on!!! make an offer...

6. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

If the car is sound and complete the price is reasonable.

7. JohnnyNitrous

JohnnyNitrous

Thanks for your input guys, gonna try and go see it this afternoon.

8. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

Looks like a nice car for 6k
    Buy it up or I'm sure it will sell quick at that price

9. JohnnyNitrous

JohnnyNitrous

Its been for sale for a year!

10. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

If it runs, it would go for more around here.

11. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

if it's been for sale a while then offer for less. depending on condition $3500-10k could be reasonable. personally, if the floors/body are solid and engine turns over it'd be well worth that to me, but I LIKE the 50-53's and would be buying it as a builder/keeper, not a flip car. That one looks like a good start.

as a point of reference there's a good solid 55 coupe for sale around (not quite as nice as that one)here with a $2900 asking price, but I wouldn't give that for it--don't like that body. there's also a ROUGH 50 coupe asking 1500 that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole for that money.

12. I'd get under that car and check it out really well before making an offer. Those primer spots in the rockers should be a clue. Could be nothing, or could be a bondo sculpture of a '53 Caddy under there. Also, check the floor pans and trunk pans. If that car hasn't sold in a year there is probably a reason. Not to say that you still couldn't do something with it. Just make sure you know what you are buying.

13. unkamort

unkamort

Old guy a block away had a '51 , not quite as nice looking but had a connie kit and fabric roll back roof, went for $4500 last year. Wanted it bad... no space, no money

Attached Files:

14. JohnnyNitrous

JohnnyNitrous

Thanks I noticed the primer as well. Im hoping they just covered up some surface rust. Wont be able to see it for a couple days but ill be checking it over thoroughly.

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Compared to some I've seen that were in a lot worse shape that isn't all that bad of a price but if he has had it for sale for that long I'd think I'd want to go with cash to wave under his nose when I made the offer. If it has been for sale for that long he no doubt has had every lowballer and bebacker within a hundred miles show up on the doorstep already. The I have cash now or we can run to the bank together and I'll hand you the cash there today usually works and you can make an offer for somewhat less but not a low ball offer.

16. russthetinman

russthetinman
    from KC MO

If the floors/rockers are good I say go for it. There are more replacement parts being made everyday-a lot of them from Kansas City-. Like someone said before don't expect to get rich selling it as most people seem to be more interested in the 55 and newer cars. Look through the ''lets see kustom caddys'' thread and you will see there were some very good looking cars during this era

17. Yep. Go for it. I've had a few of those cars and wish I'd never parted with them. Wonderful luxo cruiser.

18. 6K is worth it for sure. I would jump on it.

19. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I dig the color... Go for it!

20. Ross Galitzky

Ross Galitzky
    from canada

That,s my 53 everyones afraid to call about ,quite B.S.ing and pickup the phone 604838 7501 ,their,s one guy that got it right ,I,ve been lowballed from everybody within a 100 mi radius and just a note thats primer not rust underneath rockers and bodymounts are solid ,it does have some in the drivers and pass.,side floors ,never been hit solid Oregon car ,Where,s Johnny ?

21. JohnnyNitrous

JohnnyNitrous

22. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

I think the seller just "check mated" you. Especially since we all know how to contact him:D hopefully you guys can put a deal together. From what we've seen it looks like a nice car!

23. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

wow, wished i was nearer, or even in the same country for that matter

i would have it at 6k in a heartbeat if its as nice as it looks in the pic

you cant buy rusty old shit in the UK for that money so get it bought and stop posting about it :)

24. Forced 382

Forced 382
    BANNED

It seems like a fair price but I do know that that price does not include the rims and tires in the photo! I beleive he is askin an extra $2000.00 for those!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  25. Ross Galitzky

Ross Galitzky
    from canada

Your right the original add states the wheels don,t go with it ,first come first served ,you can,t buy a model A ,or a decent 50 Chev for this price ,the only reason the price is low is because it,s realistic in this economy ,I might have to put it back up to $7500 where it should be . give me a call 604 838 7501 I,ve got lots of Cadillac s , 1950 Mercurys and Fords ..

26. Ross Galitzky

Ross Galitzky
    from canada

Still waiting for Johnny ?

27. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

28. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

I've got a set of NOS 53 Caddy hubcaps, that would be perfect on that car.....

29. Ross Galitzky

Ross Galitzky
    from canada

To anyone asking ,I,ll send more pictures a,s.a.p.

30. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Ross...

Very cool Caddy ! 53's one of my personal faves ! I have one of the '53 Sombrero's hanging in my Garage...some of the coolest Caps ever.

Good luck to you...and, Johnny (if he takes it home.)

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net