Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Don't Say I NEVER Gave You ANYTHING FOR FREE!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jan 15, 2013.

1. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Sounds good, thanks. I just completed the survey that was sent out via email through survey monkey.
    OT, but any plans in the works to replace the show canceled in KC?

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I really liked the latest issue especially page 118 :D

Thanks Kirk and Brandon. It was fun seeing you two that day.

3. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Kirk,
    I always remember meeting you in the Suede palace when you had "May Cause Dangerous" and I had the Acme '36 coupe in there. You are one funny guy and I do believe you simply said "I Like Cars" when given the award for your car.

Vote for Kirk.

4. Kirk ! A big hugs thanks, oh wait ! heck I'm member and get GG Gazette in paper form/and online.... Great work Kirk and crew !

5. One Finger John

One Finger John

I think the Gazette is available @ Auto Books in Burbank CA. I'll check it out, free or other wise.
    Guess you never made it to Bonneville in the single seater. That would have been a real story.
    Miss your input here, always interesting.

Keep on keepin' on, John

6. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yep, we're trying to find a replacement venue.

Ha ha! That's right, I did.

7. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I love the Magazine...it's worth joining if only to get the magazine......People have no clue to how much it cost with insurance, venue rent, help, travel and misc. other things it takes to put on a show......"THOSE WHO KNOW, UNDERSTAND....THOSE WHO DON'T, NEVER WILL"..........MOVE ON

8. nrgwizard

nrgwizard
    from Minn. uSA

Hey, KIRK!;

Thanks for letting us know.

Lack of funds stops me from joining a lot of groups. I've seen your mag before, it's good.

As for cost(s) of entry, that's the way I look at it: cheaper to go as a participant, than to spectate.

Marcus...

9. KIRK!

KIRK!

Thanks for the feedback some of you have sent me. I just met with one of our guys here about making the process for the free Gazette easier.

10. iarodder

iarodder

I'll throw in my .02 cents worth.... I really like the mag but I don't care much for the online version, after all more time on other sites is less time to devote to reading the Hamb! No, seriously I just personally like the feeling of holding a real mag in my hands vs. online never been much for that. That stinks about K.C. I've been there a few times and it was a blast (lil warm) but not much worse than D.M. I struggle with the whole idea of paying for people to see my ride but value meeting/seeing people and its always a great time. To me it is all about the people, and the Heartland Nats is the most fun I've had at an event been there the last 13 years, love it more every year. The only complaint I have is that I'm not fond of the whole Sunday thing now with the new cars, I can see those at ANY Wal Mart any Sunday. Just my opinion... Kirk great job otherwise! Glad to finally be a member on here as well.

11. Way to go KIRK! Ill continue to pay my way as a member, but at least the guys who cant/wont can see your wonderful photos and writings! You are a GOODGUY!

12. It's an honor to be able to write for the Goodguys' Gazatte.

I know everyone from Gary and Marc Meadors to KIRK! to Brandon and even some of the guys behind the scenes like Harry Davies (Bill Burnham's son-in-law) to Harry's son... are all car guys to the core.

They eat, sleep and poop this hot rodding stuff.

For me, the events that I attend are a great place to hang out with my friends, talk cars and buy parts in the swap meet. The challenge is trying to get there before Brandon and Kirk!

Sam

13. lowerdtrucks

lowerdtrucks
    from Yuma, AZ

Thanks Kirk. I tell ya some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope.:D

14. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I renew my membership every year at Des Moines inside the showgrounds. That way I get a free hat. New members get a hat, so I ask for one as well. Never been turned down yet. Thanks GOODGUYS.

15. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

I haven't been to an GGs event in a couple of years but will attend another soon. I hit 13 events in an 11 year run and truly enjoy them. I really miss the Drag event at Indy but I guess that's the way it was. It was easier to get the wife to attend when a group of us went to the old Indy IRP show with nostalgia drags.
    Thanks for the inside track to the Digital Version.

16. WAIT! Now KIRK! is involved with the Gazette? When'd that happen? I thought the guys at BJ said he was the editor of Cosmo! Cant trust anyone these days.....misinformation abounds....

17. c57heaven

c57heaven

the rodfather article was great, Jetter is great monthly.
    I get the mag. Free for overseas etc is a great thing.
    Nothing beat the feel of a magazine...especially on the can. :D

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

March just went live a few minutes ago.

[​IMG]

19. KIRK! -

You've NEVER given me ANYTHING FOR FREE!! :rolleyes: ... there, I siad it! ;)

All joking aside ... Just wanted to say that I really like the new layout of the Gazette (i.e., the new graphic for each of the monthly columns, etc.) ... and the latest version of digital Gazette (with all its new tools & features) is far superior to the original version! ... Tell Marc I said that you (& your staff) deserve a raise! :D

20. KIRK!

KIRK!

Speaking of new tools. Click on this one for the full impact!

[​IMG]