Register now to get rid of these ads!

Carrera shocks Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by foolthrottle, Oct 28, 2012.

1. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Anyone remember the Carrera shocks Lincoln? it was a 1954 Lincoln set up to road race built by Dick Anderson. Any pictures? the car was destroyed in 1997 at Pikes Peak.

2. cornernfool

cornernfool

I got Carrera shocks on my Lincoln;-)

3. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

and well you should. After seeing your car I started thinking about The Legendary Dick Anderson and his hot rod lincoln, I got to hang out with him at The Pikes Peak hill climb where we were both participants and both of us have an interest in the Carrera Panamericana,the difference between Anderson and me is, his car was fast and the old boy can drive, his car left the road at engineers corner, like so many other famous racers in the past, during practice his car was really fast. I thought some of the stock car people might have pictures, mine are gone.

4. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

Peter Mclaughlan's Lincoln in Mexico, Tom Mckenna's lincoln on the way to the start in Tuxtla

Attached Files:

• c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      33.7 KB
      Views:
    • c_2.jpg
      c_2.jpg
      File size:
      12.2 KB
      Views:

5. foolthrottle

foolthrottle

got this today from the legend himself

Attached Files:

6. CHUCK STARK

CHUCK STARK

Just read the story about Dick and his Lincoln in the March 1995 issue of Stock Car Racing mag. Looks much better in this pic.