Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was your first speed equipment part?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30FordNerd, Jan 15, 2013.

1. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Mallory duel point distributor for sbc from service center in la mesa, ca

2. Cerberus

Cerberus

It was 1969. My first speed equipment purchase was from Duran's Speed Shop, Jefferson Davis Hwy (a.k.a. Route #1 or "Death Alley"), Alexandria, Va. At the same time, I purchased a Fenton 3-spd shifter and a Thunderbolt teardrop-shaped hood blister, which I mounted on a '55 Chevy two door sedan. :eek:

3. man this thread is cool thanks for starting it , no bitching , no whining just relating cool memmories

4. 41GASSER

41GASSER

This model kit oh yeah![​IMG]

5. My first was a tach and a blue shifter ball for my pinto. From super shops. I was 14 or so

6. slowmotion

slowmotion

<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    "I had just turned 16 and had my first car..a 50 ford and my dad and I built a 53 Merc 255 flathead for it. My buddy, Jim had just sold his 50 and kept the offy 4 barrel intake and Rochester 4 barrel carb from a 55 buick. It ran great on his car so I bought it from him for the princely sum of 15 bucks. I was soooooooo excited I had to take a photo of it. This was the summer of 1964.
    My dad worked with a guy who gave up a pair of tube headers for my project but I didn't get a photo of them. "
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments --><FIELDSET class=fieldset><LEGEND>Attached Thumbnails</LEGEND>[​IMG] [​IMG]
    </FIELDSET>

That's some cool stuff right there Rocky, be proud!

7. I guess it was my cowboy hat & boots :eek: 1949 my first roadster:cool:

Attached Files:

8. sunbeam

sunbeam

Isky cam 292 ford Halls Speed shop and it's still there.

9. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Chrome valve covers and chrome open air cleaner.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

10. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Hurst comp shift knob (aluminum T style) for my '66 Simca 1000, Thought I was Ronnie Sox.

11. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

Edelbrock 2 carb manifold. Paid 7 bucks for it from a friend of mine in 1960. Sold it the next year for 15 bucks.

12. [​IMG]

that header/intake :)

13. You're not Ronnie Sox? :confused::confused:Well I guess I won't bad mouth him any more. :D:D:D
    Hey I'm sending you a PM.

14. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

I got a full list of stuff.My first car was a 41 Ford SuperDelux twodoor.In 1955. 0ne of the first things I got was a set of Seat Covers.:eek:Saran! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8824qpZJgY :D I spraydyed the headliner maroon. Removed the parkinglites,trunk handle and leaded smooth. Lincoln tailites.Dual pipes with quad extensions.Droped axel from a sprint car.Skirts had a Flare.I like that. It was a time of Port-o-Walls.(Nasty Buggers) A gallon of Sherwin-Williams Cadillac Coppertone enamel took care of the paint. Naga-hyde door panels, Gray with a maroon factory accent,black kick-panels. Mama sewed them and the armrests.(Front and back). I got pair of used Offenhouser heads but they were pitted. Machine shop guy said probly caused from wellwater used as a coolant.

Attached Files:

15. Hemiman51

Hemiman51

A dual coil distrubitor for a 51 Chrysler hemi. Got it from Honest Charlies speed shop.

16. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

Whew!! At first I thought it was the youngest car-jacking ever!

17. steve185

steve185

Flipped the air cleaner lid on dads 1972 ford with a 351 cleveland. Don't know if it added any power but it sounded better.

18. Thumper

Thumper

Chrome acorn covers for my 55 Chevy 235....a Cal Custom chrome air filter...Fenton shift star shifter from Giant Discount Auto Parts...LOL .

Later got a used glass pack off a 56 Ford for $1.50 off a buddy....hell...I had the bling I had to have the sound...LMAO.

Damn....the stuff we did when we was young and broke...

19. triumph 1

triumph 1

Edelbrock performer intake with a holley 4bbl carb.

20. RAF

RAF
    from MA.

A pair of Mickey Thompson valve covers for my 1964 Bel Air.

21. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Duelpoint adopter plate and points for my Red Seal Contenel 6 in a Henry J, in 1960

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  22. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

An Edelbrock 4-2 manifold with 94's, for my flathead. I had to take the long way around, the guy that owned it, wanted a tarpaulin cover for his pickup box. I found one for $10.00, bought it, and traded straight up, I was 14 at the time.

Attached Files:

23. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

xxxx wooden clothes pins&plastic playing cards running on spokes my tricycle.....

24. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

This thread has realy got me thinking. Its been so long that I am not sure which was first. Another was maybe the set of long shackles to jack up the rear end of my 63 Dodge.

25. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

14th birthday, I get an envelope. Taped to the inside flap is the key to the 57 Sedan Delivery that sat in the garage since I was 6. That weekend we went to MOON and I got a barefoot gas pedal and a set of lowering blocks. There it sat, lowered 3 inches with the new pedal, not running. It was the COOLEST!

26. pappatyrone

pappatyrone

Edelbrok heads for a 59ab in a 38 ford 2 door

27. drag slick from western auto for my purple western flyer with banana seat. it was awsome.

first car part, three spoke steering wheel 10" diameter 5.5" deep. from moons speed shop in chandler in. it was $20, everything i had.

28. A "Spark-o-matic" 3 speed floor shift conversion for my 56 Ford in high school. Dang round shift lever would spin around in the bracket and cause you to hit your knuckles on the dashboard if you tried to speed shift it hard into second gear. But it looked cool..

29. You win the prize. Probably was for most of us... to long ago to think about

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Holley 750 4 bbl at performance clinic back in the spring of 80,was too big of a carb for the motor I put it on but got my first lesson in rejetting a carb.