Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wilson Welding and Machine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Voodoo Trucker, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Voodoo Trucker

Voodoo Trucker

Hi guys, just wanted to post about a great experience I had recently.

Bob is not on the computer so Byron Crump is the contact for HAMB discounts and all, which he recently set me up with a nice one on a set of Bob's Skeleton Brakes.
    Installing them, I discovered a fit issue and called Bob right away which he answered immediately. After a few minutes of measuring, he said to package them back up along with a drum and both spindles and ship them to him asap. I had them back in record time with him covering all the shipping.

I can't say enough about his true integrity and nice demeanor and will be purchasing from him again in the near future.

Thank you Bob and Byron as well! Steve Abner

Attached Files:

2. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Some of the best brake products out there. I'm running his hubs and finned backing plates hard with no problems. Great guy on the phone too

3. 33 coupe

33 coupe

Have been using Bobs stuff for years. You will not find a better product or a better person than Bob Wilson.

4. It's nice to hear of a vender actually assuming some responsibility and making things right rather than a bunch of excuses. Good on Bob.

5. Byron Crump is also a stand up guy...

6. Babyearl

Babyearl

I was at Bob's place about 10 years ago,, just in the neighborhood so stopped in for a minute. About 3 hours of looking and leaning later, trying to absorb all the information, I realized that Bob had forgotten more than I ever knew. Awesome man, brilliant mind, a wealth of knowledge.

7. cracker head

cracker head

Bob is good people.

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Bob is one of most genuine guys that you will ever meet & I've only seen him on the Salt.

9. Drivinford

Drivinford

Great guy. Awsome products

10. I love these threads! Excellent!

11. BCR

BCR

Bob is the real deal. Super nice guy and a stand up business man.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yes he is. Just a super nice guy who tries to always do the right thing.

Don

13. manyolcars

manyolcars

I hope Bob lives forever but I was told by one of his close friends that Bobs health is extremely bad. I hope thats not true. Anyone know if he is ok?

14. Weasel

Weasel

Bob is THE standup guy - what he did for me was incredible- just above and beyond the wildest expectations. I hope he is not in poor health - I used to see him regularly at the LA Roadster show every year but not this year. Anyone got any definite information?

15. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

Good machine work too. Fixed a crank for me, great work

16. cracker head

cracker head

Bob is fine. We all went to speedweek, living the dream!

17. chrisp

chrisp

What' s his business hours, I 've been trying to call him between 8-10 AM central to no avail. Beeing oversees doesn't help. Or if there is an online reseller?

18. Hellbilly_Buzzard

Hellbilly_Buzzard

Bob Wilson is the best testimonial # 346,541,984

So I ordered a set of Bob’s hubs (which are of the utmost quality btw) and a set of Timken bearings/seals. I completely forgot to order the drill bushing. Receiving my package I realized MY mistake. I called Bob up letting him know of MY mistake and what would be the best way to get the drill bushing with the least amount of pain to him and his operation (With my past experiences machine shops with a couple dollar part they fill fit you in where they can since there is no money in it for them and it is a great inconvenience). Not Bob. Bob said he would make one up and send it out to me on his dime. I tried to argue with him to take my money, but he wasn’t having it. Seriously, Bob was apologizing to me even though I kept telling him I was the one who messed up.

I can’t say enough good things about my dealings with this man.

I was debating with myself on picking up his air scoops to go on my F1 backing plates. My decision has been made for me.

Kevin