Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs An older photo of my 49 Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Stapley, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Just going through some stuff and found a photo of my old 49 Merc. With a little help for my older brother we chopped it 5 1/2" ,smoothed ,roll pans, moulded, louvered hood, that of which I'd just had fly up a few days before this photo, got the cowl fixed before this shot but sure didn't have the hood fitting very well yet! Last I saw of this car it was Candy Red and I hear it went to Florida and maybe headed west to California after that, anyone seen it by chance? Had a signature white tuck n roll interior with dice embroidered in the seat backs, pretty easily recognized . ImageUploadedByTJJ1357997752.773625.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. lawman

lawman

Nice ride. Thank's for posting.

3. John Denich

John Denich

I remember that car...some punk in Canada owned it....it was the coolest car at Zellers back in the day!!!! Shoulda kept it Chris!

4. koolkemp

koolkemp

Cool pic Chris! Looks like its for sale at Barrie or Stirling?

5. Yeah, he hung around with some other punk who ran off to California and was wise enough to keep his cool rides... each Steve that be Stirling, the greatest Flea Market in Canada buddy, come up this year.. I'll make room for you in the camper.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. dragass

dragass

Nice work on the merc. You let go of a nice one Chris.

7. Yes, I sure did, done this a couple times since then too I'm not a real quick learner...

If this post looks weird,Blame my damned iPad...

8. koolkemp

koolkemp

9. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Hey Chris, Do you think it will be better (Stirling) in its new home??? Larry

10. Always dug that car Chris!

11. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I remember when you were running it with no skirts. I have a nice pic of it. I cant remember if it was Springfield Ohio or the Ducktail run.