Register now to get rid of these ads!

Overhead conversions for flatheads, pics and info please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Magnus B, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Magnus B

Magnus B

Hello

I have been searching the site for information about different overhead conversions for the Ford flathead V8. I have found some but not much. I just wanted to start a picture and information thread. So whatever you have please post. If you have something about homemade conversions and heads adapted from other engines that would be super neat to see also.

Some time in the future I'd liek to get an overhead conversion myself so it would be nice to know what's aout there besides the Ardun.

Thanks,
    Magnus

2. ventilo

ventilo

[​IMG]
    There are the Brazilian SIMCA engines, ARDUN-like - but based on the small V8-60 block.

3. snaptwo

snaptwo

Do a search right here on the HAMB. Dixon is one that came up for me.

4. Magnus B

Magnus B

Bumping this thread. I have been a bit obsessed about OVH conversions since seeing a set of the rare Alexander 24-stud heads last year. As I said above, home made conversions using heads from other engines would be super cool to see.

Thanks,
    Magnus

5. Magnus B

Magnus B

Bump and a pic request. A couple of weeks ago I saw a pic of someone that had made his own overhead cam setup to use on a OHV head converson on a flathead. I might have been on a banger I can't really remember. It was a small BW pic. I think I saw it on here. Anyone?

But I'm still looking for pics and info on all kinds of overhead valve conversions for flatheads.

Thanks,
    Magnus

6. 4-port Riley

4-port Riley

7. Magnus B

Magnus B

Thanks Jim. Just what a girl needs.

BTW I'm dead set on either finding a OHV setup or adapting heads from another old engine. But really I can't think of that many pre 1950 heads that fit the bill. They need to be crossflow and about the same bore spacing. Could of course go with Olds rocket heads but that would be wrong on so many levels. Only heads I can think of is Chevy 1928 and Olds 1924(?). I have a couple of those and they would work. Aftermarket model T heads like Rajo would work quite good too. But that would be crazy expensive.

Can you think of a head that would work? Pre 1950, crossflow or F-head, about the same bore spacing.

Thanks,
    Magnus

8. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

As you are in Sweden have you considered heads off a 4 cylinder European car of the forties or fifties?

Or, just get a BMW V8 502 model (1952 - 64).

9. Heo2

Heo2

one problem is the flathead got longer space
    betwen the center cylinders than the others
    few 4 cyl that have that and most 4 cyl ohv
    is much shorter than a flathead

10. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

?????????? but cool :cool:

Attached Files: