Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects The Buntline Special A/Modified Roadster Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mattbee, Mar 14, 2011.

1. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Great work Matt. This is the first time I have chimed in here. You are doing great work. These Michigan winters can really get a guy bogged down. Don't fret. Do a little something on the car every day. I'm amazed at how much you have accomplished in a relatively short time (I recall in your initial post that you expected this to be the longest build thread on the HAMB - I think not!).

Here's hoping we can line up the Buntline Special with The Last Logghe Altered for a race or photo op sometime in the forseeable future.

2. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

looking good matt! when i met you at cranes place, you were still collecting info, you have come along way since then. some people talk about doing a build, your doing it! dont lose sight of the finish. it will come.

3. jimdillon

jimdillon

Just because we don't chime in time and again does not mean we don't appreciate your work. I am amazed and what you have done with your dedication. In the end it will pay off. We all like to look at each other's build progress. It helps to light a fire under our own. The mockup is looking pretty cool. A few rrrm rrrm sounds and you are all set-Jim

4. 296ardun

296ardun

VERY interested, have commented on this thread before and really appreciate what Matt is doing...I am old enough to remember the pictures of the original on the cover of HRM and look forward to continued progress on this repro...keep up the good work!

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Keep the Flame lit Matt and The Firepower HOT.......

6. I love this project! How about posting a list of stuff you need. Maybe some of us could help out. It's really shaping up nice.

7. Harms Way

Harms Way

Here's Matt making sparks with the last "Widow Maker" #7,... watching from behind,... I know our old pal E.J. Would approve ! :D

Attached Files:

8. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

9. Mattbee

Mattbee

WOW! Thanks for all the compliments guys!!!!! Glad to see somebody is watching! This car really has come together alot faster than I ever thought! Everytime I see I get a smile. Luckily I have the week off for winter break and that means I can get a lot done on the hot rod! I am going to start on the rear crossemember and everything for the steering box. The photos that Harms Way posted were from yesterday when I channeled the body. (It now covers the frame rails). Most of the parts I'm going to need now are just engine parts. I have most of the important piece. The biggest piece I don't have is the Potvin set up, but after talking to the orginal builder I'm just going to fab up my own like he did! There actually pretty simple! Its going to be a really fun winter!

10. Mattbee

Mattbee

I have seen you alot at Milan, I try to stop in and intoduce myself but something always seems to get in the way. I don't think Milan would let run the car with such a small cage, but there are a lot of other small track around! It would be bitchen to line the two cars up!

11. greaser

greaser

I'm quietly watching Matt! I think you're doing a great job....please keep posting updates.

12. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

I'm new to the HAMB and just found this build. It warms my heart to see a young man take on such a project. Good for you and good luck.

13. Mattbee

Mattbee

I spent the day making the bracket for the steering box. Just have to weld the spacers on the back and it will be set to go!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Project Paladin

Project Paladin
    BANNED

15. Mattbee

Mattbee

Welded some spacers on the back of the bracket today.

I'm still learning to TIG weld.
    [​IMG]

16. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

Looking good Kiddo....... !

18. Better than I can do! Nice work young man! Keep it up!

19. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Hey, now I know you can tig weld......come on over and we will have a bbq and watch football, just bring your welding helmet......
    Your doing a fine job there Matt, cant wait to see, smell and hear this monster.....cool stuff man john

20. 32fenderless

32fenderless

I just found this thread today and wanted to let you know that I am very impressed! Not only by your fabrication skills but the time and energy it takes to find the parts to stay true to the original build is a task in itself. Keep at it young man you are doing an excellent job!

Jason

21. riceman

riceman

Keep it coming Matt, keep on learning and applying. The finishing of your fabbed parts gets a A grade, deburred and surfaced makes a big difference. Knowledge will last a lifetime. Carry on.

22. Mattbee

Mattbee

Got the tube for the steering box bent up and the steering box bracket tacked in place!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Harms Way

Harms Way

Looks good Matt......

24. 117harv

117harv

I dont know how I missed this, an ambitious project for a seasoned builder/fabber yet alone a young man of your age, I am impressed!

25. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

26. TurboX2

TurboX2

This is cool! You have set a goal and you are getting there one step at a time. Keep on track and you will get what you want out of your build. It is very exciting to see your progress and know that you are doing everything yourself! Keep pluging and posting away! GREAT JOB!

27. the duke

the duke

lookin really good!

28. Cali4niaCruiser

Cali4niaCruiser

Ditto! I'll be watching your build as well. Very Cool!

29. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

COOL!!! Keep At It Man!