Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Kustom Kings of New Hampshire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rbantique, May 8, 2012.

1. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Some great cars! Any more pics of "Bullets"?

[​IMG]

2. Bagged50Buick

Bagged50Buick

Wish I was closer to Exeter, I would like to roll with you guys....nice cars you all got. I'm up near Lebanon NH, all the clubs up here are straight billit.

3. I think it's great that you're posting all these pics Rick! I wish we still had a lot of those pictured in the club.

4. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

A lot of cars in the scrapbook have found new homes.. and sadly some of our members have health issues preventing active participation & some have passed on... RIP ..Allan Berry, Dave Boots Ripley, Joe Dawson, Tom Patch, Rollie Brooks, Butch Smugola, Ronny Giraud, & Joe Martin to name a few. The club is still active and open to any person who has an interest in Kustoms. Many of our members have hot rods, Model A's, and Stock Ford V8's.
    The Club meets the first Monday of every month at Squire's Auto Body. Epping Road Exeter NH at 6 PM . Most likely best to show up there with your car or pictures of it if you have interest in the club & have a chat with Jim Cushman..

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  5. I have a hard time getting my work done in time to make the hour trip (if traffic isn't bad) to get there for the meetings.I feel like the outsider down here in Mass.Joe suggested maybe I could get some guys from down here inerested and have a "southern" chapter and cruise up there together to the NH shows most of the guys go to.I need some kustom guys closer to hang with!

6. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

I drive down from ME.. weather permitting..so I know the long ride home. It would be nice to car pool..

Found this old image of T.J's custom Chevy. His Dad did car shows and trailered his custom Harley.. to the Hartford Autorama & others.. . TJ stills has this old custom and the show bike too.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    Surfcityrocker likes this.
  7. does the 1956 mercury belong to Ed Mardsen? my dad sold a car like that 20 yrs ago.ended up in New Hampshire.sure looks like it

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Bad Ass. Great to see these.
    Slim

9. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

My guess is yes .. check the plate

Attached Files:

10. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Such Memories! I was there the same days many of these pics wre taken. Some of these cars were incredible.

11. bagged 50 must have his head in the sand if he thinks all the cars in the upper valley
    (lebanon area) are all billit. the carz car club has plenty of cars that are hot rods and customs with no billit. as does the car nuts car club in newport. if that buick is his, i've never seen it any of the cruise nights in leb. or newport.

12. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 043.JPG 046.JPG 028 a.jpg [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Who owned the Paul Aldrich shoebox when it was in the Kustom Kings?

14. Were you living up here or just visiting?

15. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I always hung out with Boots Ripley in Gettysburg. I remember when he had that black 56 Merc, The Crimson Skull and that merc that he made chicken salad out of from when it was a nightmare. I also hung with him at Sycamore down in Bethel a few times. I also see that guy that used to own Tom Clancys merc when it looked like a 50 and it wasnt chopped. His chopped shoebox convert with the 54 Merc taillights was killer too. I remember when Sonny Venutis car had the same guys striping on it that did Black Magic on the back of that black 56 merc for Boots. Where is that white Paul Norman shoebox with the light blue scallops now? It had like 89 owners! LOL

16. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

I bought this from Kelsey Martin almost done.. It did not have a grille. My next door neighbor Tim Dube ( his house in background) had a Desoto grille and installed it. Also blew the original rearend out of it on the way to Holland MI and replaced it with a 65 Mustang in NY. Sold it to Paul Aldrich who put countless miles on it . I joined the Kustom Kings in April1985 when we met at Alan Berry's shop for the monthly meetings.

<a href="http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k490/hotrodcomic/car%20photos/?action=view&amp;current=hotstuffkm.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Frank Senna is the member who owned the 50 Merc convert & the shoebox conv you memtioned. He is in Florida for the winter. He comes north when it warms up. He has the blue 48 Merc conv in the prior posts. Boots 56 Merc was sold to Leo Belond another club member.. I sold the Paul Normand shoebox which my kids called the EGGmobile to a guy from CT and have never seen it since . Any idea if it has been modified or painted ?? Many memories of that car in trips from ME to VA PA NJ, & the Love Cruise to Niagra Falls which our KKOA club hosted

[​IMG]</a>

[​IMG]

Here is rear of Ripley's Merc you mentioned

[​IMG]

18. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

On the Road again
    cruise 2.jpg tom patch.jpg cruise.jpg whit.jpg joe martin trk.jpg boucher.jpg tony 1.png tony 2.jpg butch.png butch jor trk.png pcd.jpg 001.JPG [​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bagged50Buick

Bagged50Buick

i'm not saying all the cars up here are like that, but most generally people tend to be into street rods or muscle cars around here. No disrespect intended, but thats not what I'm into. I take my Buick out to some of the shows like Bath, and Littleton. And yes its mine.

20. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Rick, you are a true curator of hot rod history. I am enjoying this thread and remembering the early days when the Kustom Kings were the Rockingham Rods and Customs. The good days of car shows at Telly's in Epping, doing dances for charity. The time we were all coming back from some car show and Al Berry led us to a brand new unopened four lane highway someplace around Manchester and we all went through the barricades. At one point, Al was flagging side by side drag races on the brand new concrete! What ever happened to the chopped F-100 with the cutdown Impala dash that Al was working on? Billy Lane had it in his yard last I knew but that was years ago. That was a neat truck.

21. 49toad

49toad

WOW! I wish it wasn't so far from Kansas to you guys and gals. We would love to have you show with us at the Starbird-Devlin car show next weekend. Thanks for keeping the tradition going. Keep the flame burning.

Doug Reed, Kustom city USA.

22. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

john 2.jpg john 3.jpg john 4.jpg John
    Nice to know these images have brought back some good memories.. Talked to Dick Edwards at the last meeting and he is suppose to dig out some old photos of you two guys doing some serious flathead racing . I remember your Chevy custom & 32 Ford phaeton hot rod...Did you keep any pictures ?? Had these on file of your last shoebox Ford

[​IMG]

23. Nice stuff..........hope to meet you this summer.

24. 00 MACK

00 MACK

He striped that while I watched in Gettysburg. The egg mobile was there that day too, missing the spotlights if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  25. borntrouble

borntrouble
    from NH

I've seen some of these cars on the 101, when I was working/commuting out to Seabrook from Auburn...

Nice bunch of cars ya got there.

26. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

We moved up here to NH last year from CT. I cant remember seeing the 'eggmobile' around down there. I am sure it must have gotten repainted but I dont even recall the tube grill-a bi distinct as the tube pinch together at each side. But then that is easy enough to change as well.
    I live in Epsom, not too far from where you meet. I take it you guys meet every Mon throughout the year? maybe I can make it out one of these nights.
    I have known John Linville for ever and Dick a little as well. I was fortunate enough to meet Joe ( from Raymond) this year as well. Maybe its time to meet the rest of you guys!
    I can remember the D&J Louver Service Fiat running at Epping back in the late 80s then when they moved onto the digger as well. In fact, the Fiat was the first car I had seen where the rear axle key failed and they were replacing it in the pits. So long ago now days-probably 25yrs?!?

27. pretty kool looking cars, nice history and pictures........

28. Those are some amazing cars. Some ive seen quite a bit.

29. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Scrapbook.. Paul's place

[​IMG]

30. Some beautifully done cars there..Got new wallpaper everyday for 2 weeks..