Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragster frames........picture thread.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

What changes would be necessary to cert this car for 8.0's?
    The body and alum work is simply tits. Tom S.

2. rooman

rooman

Thanks Tom, nothing like as good a a real Hanna but it at least looks the part.

Apart from some tubing sizes under the skin and some more tubes in the seat area a five point cage would do the trick and I could actually build one that looked like that and would certify for NT/F. The rear chassis configuration would certify easier if it was done Woody style as with the Long you have to add more verticals in the seat area and in my opinion that screws up the look of the car.

Roo

3. riceman

riceman

Looks more like a Woody Chassis in the picture from the front axle top radius rod mounts and the bottom radius rods mounted to the torque tube ends.

4. carshopowner

carshopowner

Outstanding work.

Thanks for the call as you passed by Rochester.

5. Ricci32

Ricci32

Wow Roo that thing looks fantastic what an outstanding job as usual.

6. romeawde

romeawde

Roo how much is a car like that? Maybe just a shorty body and legal cage??

7. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

A lot of the early chassis designs were built around the ford banjo rear... Halibrand offered a lighter one with a deeper/stronger yoke area... thought I'd post pixs... mine is mag but they were available in alum too...

Attached Files:

8. Ricci32

Ricci32

Im going to run the larger version in my current dragster build. i have never seen one in the smaller ford split rears

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      483.6 KB
      Views:
  9. Ricci32

Ricci32

Here is a pic of my new David Beard vintage dragster chassis 125" wheel base.

Attached Files:

10. Blindmule

Blindmule
    from Bama

FED rear end question? I notice some of them the housing is close to your feet and others look farther back:confused: EXPLAIN PLEASE?????

11. DRAGSTER_JOHN

DRAGSTER_JOHN

the difference is what is called a legs over or legs over car, legs under are older designs where the weight of the driver is further back thus the feet are under the rear end, a newer modern fed is legs over, where the drivers weight was moved forward due to the engine set back was closer with shorter clutch assys, some cars use a full length tranny for more engine set back , hhhmmmm im ramblin, lol

12. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Back in the late 80's when nostalgia drag racing was going wild, Tom Willford (vintagegasser) bought this old Don Long/Hanna car for me to rebuild and race. It had been converted to an "Econorail" in the 70's and nearly ruined. It was 180"wb, the rules at that time for nostalgia T/F were 150" wb max, that made it a perfect candidate to front half and make it 150. Here are a few pics of the rebuild. The first one is my race partner Bobby Mead preparing to saw off the front section,The last 2 shots were taken at Fremont in 88', It was a fun time to race, rather inexpensive,and a fun car to drive.

Attached Files:

13. http://wediditforlove.com/techtalk18.html

This is the car Don Long made that became Ed Pink's The Old Master, then Sold to Bruce Wheeler back east and run as the Wheeler Dealer.

Just recently Pete Eastwood restored this back to the shorty body version of the Old Master.

There is a full story with great pics in the Rodder's Journal a couple of issues ago.

14. Church Key

Church Key

Marty, That was a great looking car, I remember those early days of nostalgia racing. I wish they would make a class AA/FD for cars such as these. The newstalgia cars could continue running in T/F.

15. christmas tree

christmas tree

I remember when this car ran, late 50.s early 60,s Trip to yester year .

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn, all 37 pages, that took almost the whole morning!!! Good thing it decided to be a 103 out once again...
    Thoughout this thread, I have seen an old Chassis Research decal posted that shows a TE-448, but among other chassis shows a Triumph twin engined drag bike frame. Anybody have a catalog that might show one of those in person? Also, after years of looking at this stuff and dreaming, I really want a TE-440 or TE-448 type car. I see a couple of different configurations on the cages though. Some have a very short firewall and steeply raked top tubes, and quite frankly, look to my eye a bit "dorky". Others seem to have a slightly taller fire wall and a shallower rake on the top tubes and look a bit more rakish to my eye. That is the way I would like to go. The only dimensions I have found are for the affore mentioned frames. Does anybody have dimensions for the latter, and was it a certain time period that this changed or was it just personal prefference of those assembling a kit? Could this be part of the difference (among others) between the 440 and the 448 that I'm seeing?

17. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Marty; You need to pry that swoopy car out of Tom's hands and do it all over again!! did you look at that chassis? Chris

18. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Chris, Lets work on Tom, and maybe you and I can get together on a design that will work for you, it is going to be a long winter.

19. jims

jims

is it a kent fuller

20. This is cool stuff right here.

21. jims

jims

it is almost finish

Attached Files:

22. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I am searching for a friend. I looked through a lot, but not all of this thread.

He is looking for dimensions/plans for a Chassis Research K 88 frame.

Any help would be appreciated, please PM me.

Thanks in advance.

23. jims

jims

i need an input shaft for direct drive dragster
    call with info jim 630 742 2704

24. dwrfab

dwrfab
    from Dallas TX.

We have talked about the shaft you need, Let us know how far out your engine is and is your clutch can 7.5" or 8.125" deep. Also what spline on the out put side.
    dwrfab Don Ross

25. This is a little out of the box, for me, this thread, and this site. But...

I am looking for plans, drawings, specs, anything for a '70's style VW/Corvair rear engine dragster. I use the phrase, Sand Dragster, because that is what photos I have seen in the past were. Shorter wheelbase, low slung, light weight, and simple.

Attached Files:

26. ac duster

ac duster

27. jims

jims

lenco made the input shaft

28. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Hello guys:)

Anybody know if Kellison made more than one chassis-style?

Br
    Kjell

Taildragger&fenderless

Attached Files:

29. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

I have another thread on this but I thought I would throw it up here too.

Picked up this 59-60 chassis and was hoping someone can identify it, and/or know some history.

From what I think, it looks like a heavily modified chassis research Te-448, possibly a kit from them that the guy then built and added his own designs.

Used to run an injected flathead.

ImageUploadedByTJJ1358205780.470326.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1358205796.058912.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1358205817.351552.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

30. Fahlin Racing

Fahlin Racing
    from Ohio

Hey guys, I haven't had the time to look through the entire thread because of time but I have recently recieved a chassis and I am having trouble idenfitying it. Here are some pictures. An help is greatly appreciated!! Its a 116 inch wheelbase I am told it can be run as an Altered or maybe a FED? I am not sure.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]