Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs my 1957 oldsmobile chopped custom..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RocketDaemon, Jun 6, 2009.

1. belair

belair

way cool-57 Olds really float my boat.

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I was wondering about the glass myself.

3. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Congrats on your new ride! It's looking really good, although I'm not a big fan of the front end treatment.... but as you say it may be better in real life.

The 57 Oldsmobiles are really nice cars, I remember seing a green and silver one in an issue of Wheels in the 90s, I really dug that car, and it made me a fan of 57 Oldsmobiles'. Have you seen that green and silver one I'm talking about?

4. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

i don't mind talking about glass at all, aslong as we talk about the side glass :D
    please don't mention the front or back glass ;) and no, the windsheild is not sunken in the cowl, i do not have an front window nor middle rear window, got side rear windows but they are of course not fitting now but i suppose the could be used as pattern or something...

thanx everyone for their input, anyfeedback is nice to hear

SuperFleye: i remeber that issue aswell, that issue also made me like the 57 olds, if i'm not misstaken it was an quite hot girl that owned the car, when ever my car is roadworthy it would be nice to take some photos of it beside an stock 57 to compare..

rikster made an good thing there aswell, looked alot better when it didnt feel so blocky
    and some new kinda grill might be nice to have, i kinda have to redo/add to the tube grille anyhow if i'm shrinking the licence plate opening... need one more bar in that case..

anyhow first thing i'm going to do next weekend is to place it correctly in my garage
    and change the wheels, nothing fancy but i have pretty new 14 inch with thin white wall that i removed from my 1964 olds when i put supremes on that.. so better to atleast have 4 wheels of the same then the ones on now, don't belive any of the tires on now are the same at all so, atleast it will look cleaner and sit straighter...
    and put all the parts on shelfes and sort them out and cleaning as much as possible inside the car, really looking forward to do stuff with this car..

really love my new garage, will post pics later on in an separate or some garage thread or something..

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Hopefully you can cut some front glass down for it. That's what always scares me about chops with no glass. The middle rear window should be pretty easy. Hopefully the rear sides can be worked as well. 57 Buick windows are the same as the Olds. so there is some solace in that.

6. Janne

Janne

Glas is no problem here. Customade glas is available in Finland.

7. DAMN!

I don't think I'd want to drive it back on that trailer after you get your $10,000 paint job on it!! ;o)

JG

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

awesome Car! PM scarliner about cutting glass for a chopped custom. He might have a few good tips.

9. Cool car.

OT, but is a pic of you in your avatar? That's a big ol' face tattoo.

10. DAMN!

I hope you don't plan to drive it back onto that trailer after you get your $10,000 paint job on it!! ;o)

JG

11. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

That bad boy is B-E-A-U-Tiful!!!

12. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

How about an old school Winfield style paint scheme,Gold with tangerine fades?

13. AdeQ8Styl

AdeQ8Styl
    from TEXAS!

How did this one turn out?

14. lawman

lawman

That ride is soooo nice !!!!

15. Adrian Rollini

Adrian Rollini

16. glassguy

glassguy

damn!!! thought there was an update!!

17. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

yeah, same here.

18. wallyringo

wallyringo

haha, I like when newbies find old threads and bring them back to life. So whats up tattoo man hows the ride coming?

19. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

So you went and bought that car? Maan, I was thinking about buying it sooooo many times but had no garage to tinker in so I had to pass it up.

Good luck with it and keep on updating as soon as you get started on it!

20. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Hi everyone, i sadly had to sell the car 2-3 months ago to cope with bills and boring stuff like that. reducing my shit to an realistic level, probably only going to keep my 34 coupe
    (got a 1934 sedan ford delivery and a 1964 olds besides the 34 coupe...)

hope the car will turn out cool by the new owner... funny thing is that his best friend bought an 1950 ford tudor 1-2 years prior from me

21. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

Hi everyone, i sadly had to sell the car 2-3 months ago to cope with bills and boring stuff like that. reducing my shit to an realistic level, probably only going to keep my 34 coupe
    (got a 1934 sedan ford delivery and a 1964 olds besides the 34 coupe...)

hope the car will turn out cool by the new owner... funny thing is that his best friend bought an 1950 ford tudor 1-2 years prior from me

22. G3e

G3e
    from Sweden

57JoeFoMoPar likes this.