Register now to get rid of these ads!

1953 Buick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smfyr241, Jan 2, 2013.

1. smfyr241

smfyr241

Ok so I found a 1953 Buick 2 door at a scrap yard. It's mostly together with most parts ...missing a few trim pieces... Dash is intact... The question is, where do I find parts other than eBay? Is there a web site for Buicks? Parts catalog? Anything helps....thanks

2. smfyr241

smfyr241

Bump.. Need help

3. fnla39

fnla39

If you need sheet metal then there's EMS and c2c fabrication. Have to do a search for bucks. Classic Buick also. Have any pics? What are you planning on doing to it?

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

5. Fenders

Fenders

Junk yards... most of them are now linked together by computer so one can look at the others for you.
    Also Craigslist.

Forgot to mention Hemmings....

6. jr9162

jr9162

Also check on AACA and TeamBuick forums. Just know the Special parts don't interchange with Supers and Roadmasters. The latter two have commonality in sheet metal from the firewall rearward. I also have a complete 53 Special 2 door hardtop for sale. Just haven't taken pics and posted it yet. Still trying to sell the 52 Special 2 door tourback sedan...

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - not a common to find in a scrap yard. post pics first, then put ad in Wanted Section here and check existing For Sale Ads. for parts go to Buick sites, allofcraigslist search, etc.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Let me guess...the side spears and the headlight bezels are missing. Maybe the grill? Is the body rusty? Are both the windshield and back window in it and in good condition? Is it a two door sedan or a two door hardtop?

Because the side trim and headlight bezels and even the grill on that car are so popular with customizers, they can be somewhat expensive to replace. The side trim alone in good condition can easily go for $500 or more. If they're missing, you might be better off in the long run if you find a more complete car, unless maybe if it's in really good condition.

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also understand that to do a drivetrain swap in the torque-tube rear coil spring equipped Buicks, you've got to fab/adapt a whole new rear suspension.

Not trying to be negative, just sharing the obstacles in case you're not familiar with the old Buicks. They're cool cars...I've had a few and I love 'em.

10. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Buick Club of America.........aka BCA .........monthly publication (Buick Bugle)with classifed section. You gets lots of pics and monthly features articles on specific models. If you like Buicks, it's worth the membership fee, in my opinion.

Ray

11. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

12. Hemmings Motor News....

13. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Finding parts for old cars like that is not easy, but sometimes you get lucky and being persistant is manditory. Follow all leads, Google, eBay and this website are your best resources and keep after it like a hungry junk yard dog. This kind of hunting seperates the real Hot Rodders from the rat rod builders.