Register now to get rid of these ads!

what to do to my 63 Impala...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ~PK~, Dec 28, 2012.

1. ~PK~

~PK~

I've been on the verge of selling it..but can't seem to make my mind up. Thought about lowering it and changing up the wheels ( its all original so don't want to do allot). Question is what can i do to it to make me not want to sell it? Tried 13 inch wires on it...but its a 4 door...not a lowrider.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Put the stock Wheels back on and keep it

3. looks like it could make a bitchin daily with either wheels.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

So the question becomes: What will you replace it with...???

The car is nice...about the only change I can suggest is painting the top the same color...but then again, I wouldn't change a thing...

R-

5. "Put the stock Wheels back on and keep it "

Here! Here! What a gorgeous time capsule.

Very Cool Car.

6. 1927 Death Trap

1927 Death Trap
    from CT

I would add some moon disks, maybe a wider white. Lower stance, some bellflower tips. Maybe a two tone blue combo or even some panels on the roof. Car looks real solid, either way it makes a fun daily. Just my opinion.

7. ~PK~

~PK~

Thanks for the replies. Like i said this car is all orginal 17k miles. Not really wanting to paint it... I think that would decrease the value. I took the wires off yesterday and took the top picture yesterday also...shes sitting stock. The only things ive considered doing to it is lowering it ( which i could always reverse, putting new exhaust on it ( really needs one anyway... thought about duals but thats not stock) Thought about painting the stock steels and running moons ( I have beauty bands also but when on being there 14's you cant see any rim with the moons on also). Im really looking to customize something i could always put back original if i wanted to later on.

8. slowmotion

slowmotion

17K & original paint,? Dude, don't degrade that beautifully preserved time capsule. Sell it if you must, but it'll never be cooler than it sits right now (with original wheels).

9. waynejell

waynejell
    from USA

Keep it stock...:D

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Go buy something to customize...!!!

You won't ever put that very cool Impala back to stock if you "customize" it...find something else to build...keep that one for your kids or sell it to someone that will keep it that way and take care of it...!!! 17K originals are very few and far between...!!!

R-

11. wallyringo

wallyringo

place a ad here on the hamb classifield to trade it for? and say open to ideas

12. teejay99

teejay99

I would keep it bone stock . Take it to street cruises and field some offers from people who appreciate the car . There aren't any 17k cars out there so you can take your time and enjoy the car . Probably a 283 auto ?

13. mlagusis

mlagusis

I would lower it 2", put dual exhaust and cruise it just like that. If you want something to customize then customize a different car while you drive that one.

I have the same situation as you do...kind of. I have a 58 Edsel with 54,000 miles that is all original. The exterior and mechanical is in great shape. The interior just needs new carpet and seat upholstery. I am lowering it 2" front and back, dual exhaust and new seats and carpet and that's it. The family loves our Edsel. Plus i have a 56 Olds that I am customizing that's chopped and a whole list of things done to it. All I need now is a hot rod and an old truck and I'm set...car wise at least :)

14. Man, that car is too cool as it is to change anything. Put the original wheels back on it. If you change anything, it should be your ideas to do anything to it. How often do you see one as nice, solid and original as that? Some cars deserve to be left alone if they have survived this long original and you have one.

15. ~PK~

~PK~

Yeah im leaning more towards the stock thing the more i look at it.. Thats why i wanted to get some opinions. Im in a hot rod club... we do bikes and hot rods so im wanting something hot roddy and was thinking of selling this to fund that. But within the last few days ive been also thinking about keeping it and finding something else down the road when i get the extra money. And yes its a 283 2 speed power glide

16. lawman

lawman

Nice ride !!!! Keep it stock and have fun with it !!!!

17. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

If you are wanting a hot rod, The 63 sure would look cool towing a FED;)

18. 383man

383man
    from Md

You could go for the vintage 63 SuperStock look like I did on my 63 Plymouth. Torque Thrust up front and steelies out back. Would look cool even if its a 4 door. Ron

[​IMG]

19. two488

two488

Looks great just the way it is

20. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i would leave it as-is,no offence,but the best a 63 4dr will ever look is stock,,,,i guess because i have felt guilty eversince...like 15 years ago i cut up a super cherry hardtop 63 impala for parts for a 63 convert i was building at the time.....

21. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Steel wheels, Baby Moons, Trim rings, low as fuck, Clean and simple. Easy enough to swap springs and go back stock if thats your bag. Although I dont see lowering it decreasing the value that much... Im suprised to hear so much keep it stock talk, I thought this was the HAMB...

22. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

It is what it is...a very cool survivor...leave it alone and drive it or sell it to someone that will love it and keep it original. They are only original once... until someone screws them up trying to make them something that they are not.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Roadsir

Roadsir

I've alway thought it was strange that 4 doors are not cool, but wagons are cool (and I have a 62 wagon). I also think what you can get away with for wheels on a wagon versus 4 door are not the same.

A good look for a 60's more door..
    I'd put 14" or 15" station wagon style wheels on it painted body color, a set of poverty caps, some kinda beefy radials 235 70 15, 205 70 15 on the front, lower it just a little, so it has that tough, utilitarian, cop car kinda look...and drive it and have fun with it.

Other options would be to sell it overseas (they seem to embrace 4 doors more than we do.), or convert it to a wagon which I have often thought about when you see super nice, low mile 4 doors for $3500-$4500

24. A 17K all original car?

Take it to some AACA shows and win a few trophies with it. That's what 4-doors are for. They're only that nice once. They prize originality, if that car was up here you could win 1st or 2nd place at as many of their shows as you wanted to take it to.

25. Roadsir

Roadsir

A wheel and tire and stance combo like this..

Attached Files:

26. Mattilac

Mattilac

Lower it 3" all around. Like you said, it can always be undone at a later time.

27. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

me likey...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  28. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Mr. McGuire: I just want to say one word to you. Just one word.
    Benjamin: Yes, sir.
    Mr. McGuire: Are you listening?
    Benjamin: Yes, I am.
    Mr. McGuire: Hydraulics
    Benjamin: Exactly how do you mean?
    [​IMG]

29. Indychus

Indychus
    from Irmo, SC

That car needs some wires and hydros badly.

30. Kustom.Falcon

Kustom.Falcon

If you have to find a way to convince yourself not to sell it, you need to sell it and get something you couldn't stand to part with.