Register now to get rid of these ads!

knoxville rumble 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bullet boy, Dec 26, 2012.

1. bullet boy

bullet boy

the rat rod rumble will be held at the Knoxville Dragstrip April 26-28 . it looks to be a good year all of you that attended last year can vouch for the location it is great place. the spontaneous cruising that we did at the track will def be going again it was a ton of fun . bands are booking now . thanks guys this is our 9th annual its hard to believe so thanks to all of you that come.

2. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Missed last year dammit, but took in the year before at 411 raceway. First timer and I loved it. Took stills and video, lost my camers card for the stills but my buddies love the video. Will try to get my ass out of Florida and be up at our place in Tenn. this year. Had to cut my stay short last year. Even though it's "R R", keep us posted.

3. ratster

ratster

wish i could make it, i'm moving to melnourne fl in jan.

Country Gent what part of fl are you in?

4. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

I plan to be there. My friends say it's great fun!

5. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

WHAT....? :eek:

6. fun-ford

fun-ford

I'll be there,great show

7. I can't remember stuff that long. Somebody remind me a week before & I'll be there. Knoxville Dragstrip ? Tell me more. I'm new to this area and only know about Bristol. Is this an operating strip that has regular drags or an old defunct track where rod runs are held on occasion ? Someone please enlighten me on the goings on in East TN. I'm up near Greeneville.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  8. Send me some info, first year for showing car at car shows!

9. lawman

lawman

My Grandson and I are going to try to make it this year. Have heard how good a show it is.

10. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

NHBandit -- I moved here to North Knoxville from central CT 3 years ago; Knoxville Dragway (Drag Strip) is 16 miles from my front door, an eighth mile facility. They have operated weekly (under new management) since I've been down here and are open on Friday nights (kinda like Epping's street night deal) and their regular race program on Saturdays.

Roughly once a month there is a special show held there. We brought our Nostalgia Funny Car there once to get 'er running on the jack stands, track management was great and couldn't do enough for us, even though we didn't even take it out on the track. http://www.knoxvilledragstrip.com/

Hope this helps.......

Al in TN

11. Thanks Al. We moved here a little over a year ago after coming to visit some friends who moved to TN from CT as well. I lived in Western Mass for awhile back in the 70s and spent a bit of time hanging around CT Dragway in Colchester. Nice ta meet ya.

12. Ain't got to see ya around too much lately but dude you'll be missed up here. Good luck in FL.

BTW, Does this mean you have to drive around with your left blinker on all the time now?:D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  13. bullet boy

bullet boy

just booked Jason Wilson formally of the Cumberland Runners to play this year!!!! if you have ever heard him then you know this is a great band if not then come out and find out

14. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

How many reg cars were there,Love TENN,post some info maybe some Pic

15. bullet boy

bullet boy

reg cars ? we have lead sled class an a lot of cars that are normal cruisers

16. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

I did a search and it looks like a good time I was just wondering how many cars were there that participated "hot rods and customs Pre 1965:confused:

17. bullet boy

bullet boy

i would say probably a third are jalopy style, one third customs/ drivers pre 65 , an a mix of rat -nostalgia drag- bikes exc. i have a 1956 ford victoria i drive to it its a fair mix an a good time . no classes in show or drags just our 13 favorites we give home made trophies to . what engine you got in your 55

18. is there a swap meet there?

19. ratster

ratster

this is me in my 27 essex at last year Rumble. its a fun show.

[​IMG]

20. bullet boy

bullet boy

yes there is a swap meet 10x10 spaces are free for non comercial venders.

21. 26 roadster

26 roadster

This is a good time and good facilities.

22. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Mines a 302 in the 55,I think I helped some of you guys put a clutch in a roadster at the bank in pidgon forge a good while back had a black 33 high boy at the time:D

23. bullet boy

bullet boy

nope was not us:) but cool that you wopuld help. my 56 has a 292 with 2x4's an a 4 speed
    . i got about 10 parts cars if your ever needin parts
    also look on youtube for" 55 ford y-block lsr" thats is my buddy an our car. hope to see you at the rumble

24. ratster

ratster

that was me and Flathead Larry that you helped lol that was a long time ago lol

25. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Yep we lifted the body:D

26. Hey bud,
    Not to bring up bad memories but how did you ever come out on that fire thing. You got rebuilt, every catch the bad guys?

Just curious.

27. bullet boy

bullet boy

never caught the guy . but we got a section rebuilt . thanks to all those that sent their thoughts an prayers. an everyone that helped rebuild. we will hopefully have one of the rods that we are rebuilding at the rumble

28. bullet boy

bullet boy

got conformation the next band has booked Jacked Leg Mule from Ga. will be playing this year

29. bullet boy

bullet boy

Cylce source Magazine is sponsering the bike show at the rumble an Flamin Freddy is sponcering the Lead Sled class !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. Been a few times, and looking forward to a return!