Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model car SSunday 12-23-12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by halfasskustoms, Dec 23, 2012.

1. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Resin stuff i got them from a Guy in the us

2. steveb

steveb

Wow, great stuff this week. Michael that rod is crazy!
    The sectioned '53 got my attention, too. I have one in the works, but didn't like the thickness of the body. I HAD thought about sectioning it, but seeing this makes me want to take it out of the box & start working on it again.

Inspired by the Chevys coming out of the Barris shop in the late '40's, I started working on this '51 Chevy convertible during the summer. I used '49 Cadillac bumpers & grille from Modelhaus, modifying the ends of the grille to fit the body. I reshaped the nose of the hood as well as the ends at the door line to make the AMT hood look a bit more like the real 1:1. I added the peak down the center of the hood using a piece of wire, blended in with superglue. I sprayed Acryl flat white on the hood to even things out. The AMT windshield opening/ cowl is so screwed up & thick, a lot of work went into fixing all of that. The windshield trim was just recently added with half round strip, & still needs to be sanded down a bit.
    [​IMG]

I also modified the rear bumper by adding the wrap around ends from another bumper. Taillights are made from the turn signals pods on the '51 Chevy grille.
    [IMG]http://sbkustoms.com/shop/51_Chevy_padded_top/51_Chevy-12-16-12-7-s.jpg

The windshield frame was chopped a couple of scale inches, & the basis of the top was the custom Carson top from the Revell '48 Ford kit with quite a few modifications. Since the both the Revell top & the AMT kit beltlines did not have enough curvature around the back end, I rebuilt that portion of the body & beltline with styrene & superglue. The beltline trim was redone using half round styrene strip, all the detail on the top was done with styrene, superglue & filler.
    [​IMG]

I rebuilt the vent window frames with styrene. Since these photos were taken I moved the dash up & towards the cowl a few scale inches. Now, there is no big gap like in this photo & some of the others.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. fat141

fat141

[​IMG]
    Rod

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO Y'ALL
    MAY 2013 BE HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS FOR EVERYONE/

4. 2002p51

2002p51

This model falls just a little outside the 1964 HAMB limit but since it's a dragster and Garlits, I hope I get a pass. :)

[​IMG]

I made this replica of Garlits' Swamp Rat 13 from the just re-issued MPC Young American fueler.

The frame from the engine forward is made from .062" styrene rod to stretch the model out to the scale 220".

[​IMG]

The markings on the model are not 100% correct because there are no decals available for this car. I used what I could make work from other Garlits kits.

[​IMG]

5. Unbelievable detail!! Way to go guys.

6. raymay

raymay

Like the 55 ElCamino conversion Bonneville Bob.
    I do something similar with models which are mostly diecast when I come up with ideas for my builds. Just started on a model concept of a 66 Malibu wagon for a car that I am turning into a 2dr Nomad.

Attached Files:

7. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

8. Awesome stuff guys, if in progress pictures work then I have a 32 3 window for next week. Kepp up the good work

9. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

10. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

I belive in process won't be a problem. Lookin forward to seeing your '32.

11. gbk

gbk

Happy Holidays to you all and best wishes for the New Year!
    [​IMG]
    Wonderful variety of models this week. I don’t know where to begin. So much cool stuff. Miwi, the rusty Tudor came up great. All that detail is The Bomb! And Steve B. it’s such a pleasure to see w.i.p. photos of your projects. Lovely proportions on the ’51 Chevy. And yes, the Garlts car is too long and too late, but it’s also too gorgeous, so you get a pass in my book, LOL! John G, the resurrection of the ’34 pickup came out so nicely, so sensitive to the original but such a successful improvement. And Bonneville Bob, that’s quite a sampler of some tastefully restrained hot rods. Nice stuff!

Here are two on my bench right now. Both are much further along than these pictures show. I’m scrambling to get them both done by 12/31 to clear the bench for some NNL West projects. We’ll see...

’51 Chevy done as a 60’s style street rod. Dual quad SBC under the hood and custom lakes pipe made from aluminum tubing polished out with Simichrome.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

’40 Ford Sedan Delivery shop truck. Plans are to make a set. The SD will tow a custom made trailer carrying lakes style ’34 Ford convertible, all with matching white, green and black paint jobs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. 30FordNerd

30FordNerd

Hi guys, this is the first time i have posted on a sunday model thread. I have been building model cars since i was 5 and now im 15 years old. So the first 5 models are from model shows around the place, while the last 5 are the ones i have built. I will try to post everyweek of what i have done.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      7 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      7.9 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      8.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      7.3 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      6.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      8.6 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      8.1 KB
      Views:
    • 9.jpg
      9.jpg
      File size:
      9.6 KB
      Views:
    • 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
  13. Deuces

Deuces

Nice job kid!!!!!.....;)
    Your better than I am....
    And I'm 52 years old....:eek::(

14. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Great looking cars, but would like to see larger photos.

15. 54rat210

54rat210

My cars aint what most of the Hambers here are gonna like but i like customs and all types of cars. please appresiate the craftsmanship :D

Attached Files:

16. 54rat210

54rat210

the rest

Attached Files:

17. 54rat210

54rat210

Attached Files:

18. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

19. 54rat210

54rat210

Didnt know there was a model group. :confused::confused::confused:

I been building for about 30 years. lol im 35 started when i was in kindergrten. i seen the thread and decided to post some of my pics. Most of my models were victim to age, moving, and scavaging for cool parts. i remember when the kits by momogram, revel/amt were $10 bucks. i think computers have killed the art of scale modeling. Modeling kept me out of lots of trouble.

Thanks for the compliment.

20. 54rat210

54rat210

21. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Good to have yah...:DYeah I'm 36 and just started a month or so ago.1st one looks like my 5 year old did it :eek:..Maybe you'll get in on the tri 5 build in the group..

22. 54rat210

54rat210

im getting in the tri 5. i gotta go buy a kit today! I also just got a hand me down 57 Vette that was never built as a possible doner/parts car!

23. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Deuces, I would like to see some of your work.
    Perhaps, it would motivate me to finish one of mine.
    Any chance you could show one or more to help a guy out?:eek:

24. Deuces

Deuces

I'm working on a BiG T....
    I'll post some pictures next week...