Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tilt frontend OR No-tilt?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jophus, Dec 13, 2012.

1. CalGasser

CalGasser

This is an Unlimited Glass Frontend and it's fine as far as I can see. I sold my steel FE to Shakeypudding to buy this glass one. Crazy? Maybe but it saves weight and easy to handle by one person. Remember - less weight = free horsepower. I'm not worried about the resale value because if I sell it, it'll be to a Gasser lover anyway and it's hacked up too much to be restored. Kiwi Kev did a very nice job on the hinge and tilt assy! After these shots, I glassed it together to make it permanent and shot it with Zolotine. Personally, I'd go with glass for all around convenience - JMHO.

2. jophus

jophus

Thanks guys. I'm thinking glass is the way ill go. I'm building it the way I want and won't worry about resale.

3. stewartwhite

stewartwhite

[​IMG]Steel slide and tilt front end.[​IMG]

4. CalGasser

CalGasser

Way to go, I think you'll be happier with the 'glass unit and great you're not worrying about resale value - just build it like you want.

5. Lets not forget the glass doors and decklid. :D:D

6. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

building a car to sell is like any other marketable product and there is no stigma to being concerned about cost effectiveness---if time is important go glass if you do it should tilt --if you find good inexpensive metal bolt it together like the factory --tilt metal is great for working on your car but not much of a sales feature--but if this is your car see post 20