Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you drive to work today?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Its 30 degrees here in houston and drove my 56 dodge w no heat.... what did you drive to work today? :cool:

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Not what I wanted to drive 2000 BMW 540I sure was nice and toasty

3. I don't get a job but I have not owned a car or truck with heat for probably 20 or 30 years. Most of them have enough heat to keep the widshield clear, some have not even had that and I had to keep a bottle windshield de-icer in the cab to reach out and squirt on the glass evey once in a while.
    This is not something that I am particularly proud of it is just the way my life is and has been for a very long time. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

it's 8:30 and I'm still in my jammies and sockies...too cold to work...

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. Fenders

Fenders

Work? I thought we were all old and retired....

6. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

HAHA... I got a few more years till I get to that point

3wlarry ---- something just isnt right with a man saying "Jammies and Sockies"

P&B-- the bottle of de-icer works great for sure... and if anyone gives ya hell just say real men dont need heat and ac...

Saltflats-- your suffering greatly? hahah

7. SIC98

SIC98

Hah, I live in Florida where it was a brisk 54deg this morning, put on my "heaviest" Dickies coat and drove my 65 Rivi, work Christmas party tonight, wanted to drive in style!

8. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I took off from my normal day job until the end of the year ...or end of the world whichever comes first. My Brookville highboy is in the garage with the rear out for a posi install but I'm hoping to drive it over the holidays.

In about a half hour I'm heading in to attend the company Christmas party in my '95 Toyota Supra, twin GT2860's help get me there on time.

9. 94 F150 with 283,000 miles on it and the heater kicks ass!

10. I actually was out @ 5:00 de-icing the wife's truck so I could drive her to work. The last 7 or 8 miles of her drive is especially trecherous as a rule when the weather is bad. It was icy today. I figured it is a crap shoot, if the world doesn't come to an end today I don't want to spend the next 30 or so years by myself.

Now I am going to check a couple of things then it is off to a nap.

11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Only nice shiny car I have had as long as I can remember but mother nature took car of that when the hail storm beat the living shit out of it now it looks like a golf ball. Thats my luck fall in a bucket of tits and come up sucking my thumb.

12. saints

saints

13. fleetside66

fleetside66

Apparently, the O.P. thinks not, but we know better. I drove my '66 truck to to see the orthopedic surgeon...does that count?

14. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

71 Mercedes 220 diesel .Here we have to plug the car in at night so It will start in the morning .Block heater ,trickle charger,coolant heater and fingers crossed.-44 right now.burr.

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Just for that, I won't post pics of my bunny slippers then...:p

kidcampbell71 likes this.

16. I am probably not old, I have lived more life than most. I would not be retired if I did not need to be retired, this forced retirement sucks. But like my lack of working heat in about anything that I own it is just a fact of life.

I still remember the first road trip the Raven and I took in the Pusher. It was a little brisk during the day but not bad, that last couple of hours it was night and it was colder than a well diggers patoot. I looked over to see him playingwith the heater and fan. I chuckled and said, "well that doesn't work." Then reached behind the seat and pulled a heavy jacket out for him. He brings a coat even in the summer now of he goes anywhere with me. :D

17. 2012 Malibu LT... had the iPod going... great heat and defrost. But really am roughing it without the remote start.

Bob

18. I'm retired. ;o)

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It's 48 here in Phoenix which is about a cold as I ever intend to deal with. I made my morning commute of 60' out to the shop in a stylish new pair of fuzzy lined new UGGS slippers to open things up, got yelled at by the "supplier" of said fancy slippers, so I guess I'll be "driving" my work shoes the rest of the day...

20. 95 F150 with 91,200.Heater does not kick ass.:mad:;)

21. Ha I almost made it out the door barefoot this morning and got caught. Had to put on shoes and a hat. I hate wearing a hat. :eek:

The barefoot thing is not a tough thing it is a I forgot thing. I probably would have noticed when I was shoveling a path in the snow and ice for the missus.

22. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

Its 55 deg today so i drove my 2002 vette to work

23. Inked Monkey

Inked Monkey

It was in the low teens when I headed to work today, but my 54 Buick kept me nice and toasty.

24. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Thought about driving the Shoebox today....until I heard the salt trucks rumble by. Nope.....I'm done for a while. Unless I decide to bomb around the neighborhood. Which I will. Tonight.

25. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

01 Ram 1500 with the windows down. Wasnt too bad at 6am in Phx AZ

26. hyatt

hyatt

Chevy Volt

Attached Files:

27. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

yeah i drove my to physical therapy before so it counts...

28. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

I need to get my heaters in my Super working, have to replace the switches, I bet that thing will make any cold day warm in there huh?

29. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I drove the trusty 98 Burb. 215K and a mean heater.
    Had I won the lottery, it would have been chauffered Packard.
    With a heater.

30. 2 year old company car.

It's really nice, but I do miss the two little "mini-vacations" that I got to take each day driving my 66 F100 as my daily driver.

These days though, with everybody and his damn brother moving to Houston, the interstate around here is treacherous as hell....and really no place for an antique as a DD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.