Register now to get rid of these ads!

1920's chevy Engine Value

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ty1295, Jun 3, 2011.

1. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

As some may remember a thread I started about a stash of 20's chevy parts 1928 and older. My dad now owns several 1920's chevy engines as well as a lot of other parts.

There is only so much inside storage though and the engines are currently outside under tarps. Rather then let them rust away he would like to sell them to someone that has a use for them. Not trying to make a sales ad here at all, problem with the engines and anything else is what is this stuff worth?

As you can see in the picture here are a few. In total I think he has approx 10 of them.

Are they worth more as scrap metal?

Attached Files:

2. 50ChevyFrank

50ChevyFrank

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

You might find some buyers for the early ones over on vcca.org. If they're free, I'd say $50 each isn't out of line. I gave about $60 for mine (a '28 with the two-port head).

-Dave

4. Normbc9

Normbc9

There are vendors out there who specialize in those early Chevy and Oakland (Pontiac) engines. Use your search engine and look them up. I'll bet you'll find some interested buyers in the specialty marketplace. I sold a '32 194 six complete and running for $800.
    Normbc9

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I wish I was closer to you than I am. I would sure pay better than scrap for that stuff. It needs to be saved.

6. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

The goal is to save the stuff, so no fear of it heading to scrap yard to make the next 1k honda's. Just trying to find the best way to get it to people that will use it and a fair price since my father bought a whole package deal of parts, engine included.

7. I spent between $50 and $100 for mine (and the $100 was for a running engine).

8. kisam

kisam

Ty,
    Those are worth more to restorers than scrap. I am glad to see you and your Father are going the extra mile. You need to visit Vintage Chevy Club website. http://vcca.org/forum/

9. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

As luck would have it I see a few of you have mentioned VCCA. My dad happens to be the regional director in that club for the NW region. That avenue will be used but it is only 1 avenue.

He still has a few more engines and other parts to pick up. The engines were just something be nice to move to new owners soon since they do take up so much room. Most have transmissions still attached.

10. 2special

2special
    from florida

I figured I would try to see if you still had any of these engines around or not. How about parts for them? I know it is an old post but I need to try. Just trying to keep my old '26 chevy superior running. If not thanks anyways.

11. ty1295

ty1295
    from Indiana

Feel free to email my dad at [email protected]

He has sold a lot, but still has 2 bays of boxes and parts left. Best to send him a wish list of what you want and he can tell you if he has any of that stuff around.