Register now to get rid of these ads!

Phoenix, AZ gang, How about a burger? - MOVED TO 01-03-13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Dec 20, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Here's the deal... Been Jones'in for reason to go to one of my favorite joints for burger. If you aren't from the North East valley, chances are you don't know about Greasewood flats. It's in the tiny burg of Reata Pass at the base of Pinical Peak in the Mc Dowells. (Remember where the bad guys robbed the bank in RAISING ARIZONA? Ya, that's it!) Cool little place that is quartered in the old stables and bunkhouses of the Reata Pass stage station from about 120 years ago or so. The dining area is an open air dance floor with giant bon fires going all around this time of year to keep it warm, and live music plays most nights. This is a cool little joint, and not a fancy shmancey kinda deal.

So here's the plan. By NEXT THURSDAY, DECEMBER 27 I will have had enough of the Holidays altogether. Let's get together at the corner of Pinical Peak rd. and Tatum drive out in the North Valley at 7:00PM, and I'll lead you guys to this cool little joint that I guarrenty you'll come back to a for long long timeto come.

The rendevous point MIGHT change, so keep an eye on this space 'till the appointed time, and you might punch my cell number in my signature line into your phone just in case.

What say you guys? Had enough of Christmas and ready to just get back to being Arizonans?!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  2. I could be down for this.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

4. Sounds like fun. what time of day? Coming from Mesa. 10 Day says sunny and 64 degrees.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

7:00PM, Sorry, thought I was missing something when I posted this morning! Damn it should hurt to be this dumb sometimes...

6. Where at in Washington are you from?

I'll be there.

7. GreggAz

GreggAz

ill try to go

8. anyone wanna pick me up? Might be able to run from the inlaws for a few hours.

9. Silver Lake (South Everett)

10. desertdroog

desertdroog

Yeah, that is a neat place. I wish I had a ride to meet you guys in.

11. I am ready, just I won't have the car done by then. I guess I can be the tail of the the group in mt OT truck.

12. jerry

jerry

Let me know where you'll be. I can use some gas money!

jerry

13. Peoria, flying out on the 28 so that would be my last night for fun.....if you can call hangin with the the inlaws fun

14. jerry

jerry

aI got no problem getting you there and back.

Hanging wih the in-laws, sounds like a bad movie plot!

jerry

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

'Bout the time the inlaws start yelling at you continuosly in Cantonese get back with me on that hard-to-hang-with-the-in-laws deal!!!:D

16. damn and i though heading out there would be a bummer due to x-mas and not having time to do anything 'fun'
    warm weather (currently snowing up here) and hot rods, like minded people....now this will be a fun trip now.

Thanks guys

17. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

I used to live out around that area, my parents would go to the bars and stuff around there. I don't know if this is right or not because I was just a little kid but was it the Goat sucker saloon and the Satisfied frog that were there? Or was that cave creek?

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dude, I was being an idiot and I didn't realize you meant Peoria AZ! I'm sure we can get you a ride out with SOMEBODY! You'll have a blast. This joint is just a cool little old "cowboy" kinda place that Phoenix did so well until we dicided to become "mini L.A.". I'm sure someone from that end of town will post before too long.

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, that WAS Cave Creek. This is a bit south of Carefree and east of Scottsdale rd by a good 6 or 7 miles.

20. haha...Inlaws just moved out there about 2 months ago...and they made a strong point that we had better be there for there first x-mas in there new place. So yah, flying in saturday, and hanging out till friday. Never spent anytime out there so don't know the area at all, nor got wheels to head out for anything. Saw this and hope that someone heading for a burger might be close enough to grab me and give me some sanity...

21. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

Ok thats what I thought. Some good times out there though!

22. bonesy

bonesy

I'm going to push to get the roadster ready for a little open road time.

23. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Great place big time Biker Bar and Meat market

24. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

Very cool place, its been years since I've been there we used to stop all the time on the way back from riding dirt bikes at the Verde River.

I'll be getting on a plane flying to North Carolina for my oldest sons wedding that day though. Have fun guys.

25. river1

river1

Damn my temporary schedule at work prevents me from going:mad:

oh well

Later jim

26. I've already had enough of the holidays.

27. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Damn... This is the recipe for a great time but I can't make this one.

28. Still need to hook up the new used replacement engine and with fingers crossed it does not spill oil everywhere. My neighbor thinks he is a master mechanic and was installing the rope 2 piece rear main seal with a pair of needle nose pliers and a screwdriver after unbolting the main caps to drop the crank down a little. I plan to get it running today so i can check everything this weekend.

29. Mike

Mike

This deal sound like fun. I reckon I'm in.

30. If Jerry is busy, I can come get you PBR. What are your thoughts about riding on the back of a mini bike?:D