Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone remember Reath Automotive ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by snaptwo, Dec 12, 2012.

1. snaptwo

snaptwo

If any of you "senior" members remember Joe/Del Reath ? Joe sponsored many west coast racers back in the golden years of drag racing. He even helped Roger Penske at one time. Times change ,we get older and the Reaths are going thru tough times and would probably like at least a Christmas card , please send me a PM and I'll get their addy to you. Thanks , Spence

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

to learn more about Joe Reath (Reath Automotive) go to: www.ahrf.com/legends/joe-rearh/
    also, get a copy of the DVD Lions The Greatest Drag Strip (Part One/1955-'62). search the (Jim)Dunn & Reath '72 Cuda rear engine Funny Car. can still get t-shirt at johnforceracestation.com Joe and wife Dellie were in business for 50 years. Closing down in 2006. he built flatheads to Hemi's and more.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  3. snaptwo

snaptwo

Thanks Joker for 'da bump !

4. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I used to buy early Hemi head gaskets from Joe, he was a great guy to talk to, and provided helpful info.

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Joe is a great guy, I have known him since about 1955. Whenever I was out of work or needed some money, Joe would let me work for him and pay me under the table. Had some great times and met some of the legends.

7. squirelmurphy

squirelmurphy
    from O.C.

My Dad knew him, so we used to go into Joe's office and chat when I was little. The one thing I remember was that his desk was covered with jars of candy. He was always super friendly, even to a little kid.

A couple of decades later, I bought a new Yamaha MX bike in the same office. The original shop is still a motorcycle dealership...

8. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

I can remember as a kid goin to "Reath's'' to check out the latest speed equipment after you'd seen pictures of it in HRM:)
    It's cool to know he's still in the fight, and hope the season finds him well!

" Spending a nation into generational debt is not an act of compassion "

9. TDWZ28

TDWZ28
    from Michigan

The 392 Hemi that I'm running in my 34 was built by Jr.Thompson, with machine work done by Joe Reath. Engine runs great!

10. Muttley

Muttley

Here's on old decal of theirs from my stash:

[​IMG]

11. tjs44

tjs44

Joe passed away last month.I posted pics from his memorial in another thread yesterday.Tom