Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help Identifying a pair of Doors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curly, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Attached is alink to 4 pics of a pair of doors that I have. I thought I had narrowed it down to 1927 Stutz Limo but I found I was wrong.

In pic # 4 you can see the original paint...top half black, bottom green. These doors are two piece skins...the black is one skin, the green being the other skin. They are 4 hinge doors with alot of wood in them (big car).

The position of the one hinge ON the body line is what has been the fact that seems to tell me they are NOT Whippet, Stutz, REO and quite a few other cars. Most cars have this hinge below the body line.

I have searched Car Nut until my mouse wore out and my eyes have been glazed over.

Please no "it's a Henway" type answers. I need to find out what they are for so if you know of a website that has pics of the big late 20's cars hook me up.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dshinault796/detail?.dir=6315&.dnm=0a43.jpg&.src=ph

2. they kind of look like essex
    are they suicide
    tk

3. I don't know if they are suicide or not, what I think could be a left door might be a right door?

The only Essex pics I have found so far (1927 sedan and delivery) show a single body line.

Thanks though!

4. a bump for the evening crew.

5. capmotorsports

capmotorsports

Hi Doug, do you still have the doors? Do they have a piano ( Full length ) hinge?