Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration artwork question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carnut14, Dec 10, 2012.

1. carnut14

carnut14
    from so-cal

so I have this 29 AA stakebed, and I want to hang artwork on each side of the bed. Not just a sign but something with some class. Perhaps even shaped like a hiboy.

But where do you start? Computer art? A sign painter. Are the graphics printed on something what? how?

Any graphic guys out there who are willing to share?

2. Joetolow

Joetolow
    from Michigan

I'm a graphic designer and i've done truck wraps for trailers - I'd say contact someone who does vinyl graphic wraps in your area, typically they even have an art department who can make you what your looking for - but unless the wood on your stakebed is laminated the fellas who apply it probably wont have much luck getting it to stick, because in essence its a huge vinyl sticker.

I say find a sign painter in your area; don't be surprised if you have to pay out the ass for custom artwork that your happy with that was painted with a brush, but in the end you'll probably be happier.

3. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

If you want something with some class, I'd say your only option is to go traditional and get in touch with a real sign painter and have it done like it would have been back in the day, by hand. That would be classy. Anything else would be just graphics.

4. Ruggie

Ruggie