Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Diego Glass cutters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocknrolldaddy, Dec 9, 2012.

1. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

So, I'll be running a polycarbonate windshield until I come across an affordable replacement. Can any one refer a Glass cutter in San Diego area?

2. deto

deto

Cut you're own and have the glass shop polish the edges. Search a thread I did on here called 52 Chevy repair thread.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. ACinSD

ACinSD

Call so cal automotive glass. If they can't do it , they will know someone who can.

4. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

I did cut my own. I shit you you not, I had an inch and a half left to cut, and the f***ing windshield cracked. I was PISSED! I could do the polishing, I have a belt sander. I have cut flat glass and polished the edges before. The curved glass is expensive and every glaizer I know (3), didn't want to risk breaking my windshield.

5. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

Is that in San Diego?

6. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

I remember that thread. Good job, your car looks awesome. I used a grinder with a metal cutting blade. I used a spray bottle with coolant and water to keep it from over heating. I think I didn't support it properly and that's what caused it to crack. Is that old glass? I've been told it's more of a risk to cut old glass than new. But I dont know if there's any truth to that. Thanks again.

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Try the Glass House in San Dimas. They can cut down windshields. Their phone # is (909)592-1078 website is theglasshouse1.com . I have used them for years and I am very happy with their work.