Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Gold Chops another Packard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Straight8's&Aces, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

A few pics taken by photographer Charlie McCarthy

2. CHEVILLAC

CHEVILLAC

Check out The Mother Of all Tail Light Threads!!! on here, there's some great ideas!

3. tinsled

tinsled

Hmm... I don't think the grey bearded guy is a cop. He has hippie sneakers!
    He's probably just buying pot there!
    - seriously BUSTED!

4. tinsled

tinsled

^- P.S. The Packard is über cool - simply too sexy for my body...

5. jreeder41

jreeder41

Great idea with the hood. Did you guys fabricate the scoops or find them somewhere?

6. Smokey2

Smokey2

FOUR "ATTA" BOYS.................I Love to see Talent "At Work".

Tanks fer Tha' POST.

Smoke'

7. Diehard32

Diehard32

Enjoyed every post of this thread. Great work guys.... and thanks for documenting it.

8. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

I second that...very cool work thread. With all the pics of the Packard in every day situations, I expected to see a photoshopped pic of it tucked into bed with a nightlight after a hard day LOL

9. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Those are vent scoops from a chris craft boat

10. shadetree77

shadetree77
    from Georgia

Just wanted to take a minute and say thanks for sharing!! Your Packard is BAD ASS!! I've had the idea in my head to build a custom '51 Packard for about a year now and I just found this thread. My head is buzzing with ideas now. I first got the idea back when I saw a really evil looking '51 hearse on EBAY. That chopped top looks perfect on this car. I like that you kept the Packard powerplant too. I don't know a whole lot about the specs. on these '51-'52 Packards so I was wondering why you didn't start with a two door instead of converting the 4 to 2. Was there a reason for converting or was it simply that 4 doors are more available? I'm keeping my eye out for a decent and cheap '51 for a future project. Gotta' finish my '52 Buick first. Keep up the good work man!!

Attached Files:

11. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

I had a 1952 Packard 250 which is the 2-door hard top and for about 4-5 years I've been wanting to build it but it was not running and very rusty. I came apon this 51 4-door at a car show it belonged to Greasy13 on the HAMB he was really cool about letting me check it out. Then a few months later he put it up for sale it was a running driving Packard at the right price which was a lot less then I would have invested in my 2-door just to get it running again. So I bought his car and after about a week of owning it the saws came out. So I built a 4-door because it's hard to find any Packard let alone a solid running and driving one. Another thing is Packard had senior models 300 & 400 and junior models 200 & 250, senior models are bigger than junior models, and all senior models are 4 doors. So I ended up with this massive 18ft 2-door chop top Packard and it seems to be even cooler because it was a 4-door and to look at it you would never know.

The hearse would be really cool. They did have a movie called the Hearse that had one like that in it. I came across a packard hearse around here but it's an older model like late 1930's, It looks awesome but I think it would cost alot.

12. I agree on the hood.Very nice!

13. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

The Packard's new color, Black

Attached Files:

14. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man that packard looks tough , looks like something a super hero should drive ,or with that grill looks like it wants to eat a pedestrian , very cool and sinister in black

15. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Threw some fire on the Packard

Attached Files:

16. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

Hey, did any of you Packard fans see a chopped 53 Packard on the TV show, "South Beach Towing ", or something like that?
    It might be the one I built back in 95-6, Yellow pearl with razberry flames.
    Wondering how to find the episode it is in, havn't seen the car since I finished it.

17. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Cleared over everything so she's all shiny now. Getting all the chrome put back on. Next comes pinstriping

Attached Files:

18. glassguy

glassguy

that looks awesome all cleared!! looking forward to seeing the striping, and whitewalls cleaned!! lol what color are you outlining the flames with?

19. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Got some white lines laid out over the flames

Attached Files:

20. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Amazing car, I just love the lines of the rearfenders! Chop and 2-door conversion turned out really Nice!

21. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Looks awesome man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me wanna do flames on my PAckard again.....

22. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Took her out to the docks

Attached Files:

• p01.jpg
      p01.jpg
      File size:
      508.9 KB
      Views:
    • p08.jpg
      p08.jpg
      File size:
      488 KB
      Views:
    • p14.jpg
      p14.jpg
      File size:
      525.5 KB
      Views:
    • p10.jpg
      p10.jpg
      File size:
      477.8 KB
      Views:
  23. Cruiser

Cruiser

You took a some what ugly duck and made it into very cool cruiser. The roof loaf, is so improve by the chop. Now, that grill is cool and looks like gal with big lips. Good job, very cool...............:D

CRUISER :cool:

24. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Got some '56 pontiac bumper guards mounted and ran my exhaust through them

Attached Files:

25. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Where did the tailights come from. They are perfect. If it said, I missed it. I was actually reading an article about the car last night in the primer and black scallop stage. Looked good then, looks great now. fantastic job. TP

26. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

27. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

The fins are factory but the lenses are 59 Cadillac with some chrome rings I found to clean up where the lenses are attached.