Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rochester carb help #7008597

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodstar, Dec 3, 2012.

1. hotrodstar

hotrodstar

I need help finding a Kit for my rochester 2 jet carburator #7008597 the problem i'm having is the parts store here can not find this number in there system this is the center carb on my 3x2 setup. any ideas.

please PM me with kit number.

2. F&J

F&J

You are most likely reading a casted number. You need the number off of the small tag on one of the screws.

That tag is sometimes missing.

in that case, what motor did it come off of?

3. Andy

Andy

Ask for a kit to fit a 57- 58 Chevy.

4. blackout

blackout

Post a pic of it so we can tell you what year you have

5. CJS

CJS

Most of the kits for 2gc's are preaty universal. If you could opload some photos of the carb I am sure some of us could figure out the year and model car it came off of. Some clues would be the throtle arem, choke type, vent and fuel inlet. I have a complete Rochester parts book and overhaul manual from GM to help out. CJS

6. Andy

Andy

I think you will find it is a small base 2GC with front inlet and auto choke from a Chevy.

7. ckrussell53

ckrussell53

1958 Chevrolet 3-2 setup used carburetor # 7011952 for automatic and #7012503 on standard transmissions for the center carb. The GM carb kit #7015825 or gasket # 7015845 fits either carburetor. I hope this helps.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've got 3 NAPA kits at the shop to rebuild the ones I am using on my rpu project. I can get you the number tomorrow and post it for you, unless someone else does it faster.

Don

9. hotrodstar

hotrodstar

I got a kit from napa for a 56 buick and it worked. Kit did not come with the power valve but all the gaskets and accelerator pump valve worked.

thanks for your Replies

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Sorry, I didn't get to the shop yesterday but got you the carb kit numbers today. The pictures are a little blurry but you can still read the part numbers. As I recall, this kit fit a bunch of different 2G carbs. It is number 2-5146C.

Don

[​IMG]

[​IMG]