Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thoughts on the stance?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dynaflash_8, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Pulled this thing back out to get a break from the roadster for a bit. Put 4 inch blocks in the back, ditched the 13s for some 14s wrapped in bias plys, smoothy caps, and just mounted the side pipes tonight. Also shaved the tailgate so it will be completly smooth bed. No more tailgate. Its gonna be this color - http://www.eastwood.com/jade-green-metallic-basecoat-gal-kit.html with a black roof covered in green metalflake.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. drop the front end or raise the rear. a falchero is not a taildragger.

3. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Yep, I am afraid that you now MUST drop the front as well.

Or...build a large vintage wooden shipping container marked "1500 pounds" to haul around. Then it would make sense.

4. Paul Windshield

Paul Windshield

I like it the way it is.

5. raidmagic

raidmagic

Too low in the rear for me.

6. slowmotion

slowmotion

Yep, up some in the back, down some in the front.

7. Down in the front...

8. Looks OK but I prefer the stink bug look,,up in the back down in the front. HRP

9. Down in the snout, maybe on an extreme down in the snout but it needs to droop a little so that it doesn't look like a ranchero with a load of gravel in the bed.

10. outlaw256

outlaw256

got agree with him on this...as i always like the high ass low front look.im still in the 70s tho so whats that tell ya...lol oh yeah beaners right too. it does look like its haulin gravel..but then again im stuck in the 70s..lol

11. I do not know of many trucks or truck wannabees that look good draggin' ass. It is a mental conditioning thing, your brain won't accept anything but overloaded because your brain only has one understanding of a truck, "Hauler".

While on the subject I am cookig bean soup today, that means I am going to have a serious case of the dragon ass all weekend. That is sooooo good for a relationship. :eek: :D:D

12. mrconcdid

mrconcdid
    from Florida

I agree lower the front an inch or two.
    I like cars level or nose down unless its a real taildragger with skirts.
    Not counting gassers then its nose up for sure

Godspeed
    MrC.

13. CGkidd

CGkidd

One coil on the front should bring her down nice. or change to a shorter block on the rear. How much axle clearance do you have on the rear with the block you got now? Just in case you want to throw something in the back at any time you don't want to be riding on the body

14. Aytime I put a truck together either for me or somone else I give it a little help in the back just for the off chance it gets a load. Either air shocks of good old fashioned Air/Ride helper bags. Then they can sit any way someone likes and when it gets a load a little air will bring it right back up to ride height.

Not like a sheeeeesh pssshhh car that parks and squats just a little help when it is needed. Works like a champ. ;)

It is going to be a nice little truckster when it is done, it is headed in the right direction already. ;):cool:

15. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I'm with the drop the front crowd too.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. Might be unanimous on then down in front.

I personally would bring the front down at least an inch & 1/2 and pick the back up some. I'd need a straight side shot to tell but at least above the WW back there