Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Guys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drive Em, Sep 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm a Ford guy but this thread needs to be locked... Geez get over it.

2. pumpman

pumpman

Never really thought of myself as a Ford or Chevy guy. I own both. Love the old Fords with flatties or 4 bangers, my 32 is a 4 banger. But I also dig my chevys when I want to go out and raise some hell and buy tickets to the policemens ball. Most of my friends are die hard chevys guys and say all the time, I'd rather be towed in a chevy than drive a ford.
    Works for me either way.

3. terryble

terryble
    from canada

FDR wore bowties and he stood pretty tall even from a wheel chair, and if the stories are true did alright with the ladies. One of the greatest Presidents ever and a great freind to Britain and Canada during WW11. Think about that.

4. I've got 5 Chevys with Chevy power and 3 Fords with Ford power........what does that make me?????

6. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

Very sensible, all you need now is are few Mopar's with Mopar power. :D

7. Frankly I don't give a damn what you like or what you drive just as long as you're not riding one of those Jap-scrap crotch rocket P.O.S.!

8. You like sex and travel....?

9. deto

deto

(Big wet sloppy fart noise)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

10. skywolf

skywolf

11. moefuzz

moefuzz

??

Move
    Over
    People
    Are
    Racing

:rolleyes:

12. moefuzz

moefuzz

CHEVROLET= Can Hear Every Valve Rattle On Long Extended Trips.

CHEVROLET= Cheap, Hardly Efficient, Virtually Runs On Luck Every Time.

CHEVROLET= Cracked Heads, Every Valve Rattles, Oil Leaks Every Time.

CHEVROLET= Condition Hopeless, Entire Vehicle Relies On Leftover Engine Technology

CHEVROLET= Cheap Heavy Equipment, Very Rusty, Overly Loved, Eventually Towed

CHEVY= Cheapest Heap Ever Visioned Yet

GMC= Garage Man's Companion

GMC= Gotta Mechanic Coming

GMC= Gay Mans Chariot

GM= General Mistake

GM= Glued Metal

IROC= I Run On Credit

IROC= I'm a retard out cruising

IROC= Idiotic retard Out Cruising

IROC= I'd Rather Own a Corvette

IROC= I reek of cologne

IROC= I really own crap

Z28= Zippy 2.8 Liter

SS= Super Slow

RS - Really Slow

CORVETTE= Completely Over-Rated, Very Expensive, Technically Troubled Engine.

Ashes to ashes,
    dust to dust.
    If it wasn't for our Chevy's,
    our tools would rust.

>From the past 10 years, about 95% of Chevy trucks are still on the
    road. The rest made it home.

Have you seen the new speed limit signs? They say "Speed limit 65,
    Chevys-do the
    best you can"

Thats not a leak, my Chevy's just marking its territory.

Buy a Chevy and you buy the best. Drive the first mile and walk the
    rest.

13. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'm a turn coat. I was raised a GM kid. We spent many hours in joaning contests at the Mo like this in the 60s I was always anti-Ford. Then the lure of the early hotrods infected me and I was ruined for life.

Today most people would consider me a Ford guy. 32 genie roadster, 34 Ford P/U and a 56 mainline with a hoped up 352. It's really amazing when I look back on my life from a die hard GM guy driving a 421SD 63 Pontiac to a Ford type of guy. Don't burn any bridges...you never know.

14. manyolcars

manyolcars

I am a Mercury guy but only have one. A 47 Mercury I bought in 1967. Most of my many ol cars are Fords made before 1960. I have 2 55 Chevys, a 57 and a Chrysler convertible

15. kracker36

kracker36

Yea,, I can believe the part about you only knowing one thing.

16. von zipper

von zipper

Any Monkey can build a Chevy! I'll stick with the Blue! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349614266.349351.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349614295.970277.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349614349.505831.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349614473.117275.jpg

17. kracker36

kracker36

Did you fail geometry class ??

18. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

im a car guy... well pretty much anything that has wheels anyway..i do think people are drawn to brands,might have something to do with what their dad drove. when i think about it ,,my dad had mostly chevys,his dad mostly chevys,his grandpa mostly chevys.
    here i set with my dads only ford ( has a chevy motor in it) my jeep had a chevy motor in it,my henry J will have a chevy motor as well,,every thing ive ever owned has either been a chevy or had a chevy motor..ive tried keeping a ford motor i my ford,,it didnt feel right,,i didnt enjoy it,,when you think about it ,these old cars are just shells,,we make them what they are,,doesnt really matter where they came from...i guess its normal for people to pick sides,,we do it with football teams and political partys,we might as well do it with cars.. so with that said,,Fords Only Roll Downhill and My Old Pig Aint Running.. and did you notice alot of mopar guys are left handed?

19. kracker36

kracker36

They made Chevrolets to keep Democrats from driving Fords.

20. I was always a Ford guy growing up because my dad was one. Later in life I found out I like what I like,be it GM,Chrylser,Ford, MG or whatever.I like to keep Ford engines in Fords and Chevy engines in Chevys, etc, though. But I am putting a 348 in my 34 Ford truck....just cause it looks so cool.
    I can't understand people that are blindly brand loyal. Every make has its good and bad points, except Renault, thats just all BAD>

21. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

As is the norm around here ,this thread started out waaaayyy better than it (hopefully) ended.

22. Weasel

Weasel

nice 1 skywolf - you take the cake!:D

23. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I started out as a Mopar guy (late 50's and early 60's) probably because dad liked Dodges (although we had Chevy pickups), then bought a new 63 Ford Fairlane so turned into a Ford guy, next car was a 67 Tbird, then a 69 Javelin, another Mopar 74 Plymouth, Chevy and Ford pickups in between, then in the 70's I bought a basket case 38 Chevrolet and put a SBC in it. Wife wanted a shoebox Ford so we have one of those. Guess we are non denominational aren't we? I think as we change, as our options change and manufacturers change their offerings we change brand alliance, doubt many people actually stay with one brand (except my Ford Blue father in law that had a rod knock'n 47 Chevrolet in 1950 or so)

24. Perfect!

25. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

You're a true blue FORD GUY when even your lawn come up Ford Blue !

4TTRUK

26. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I believe if you are a TRUE Ford guy, Its Ford body and Ford engine. I DONT BOTHER LOOKING AT THE NICEST STREET ROD, HOT ROD, OR TRADITIONAL if it has a Chevy motor, THESE PEOPLE ARE EITHER CHEAP OR LAZY.....If I offended anyone,which is probably alot. Sorry. But thats how I look at it. A Chevy motor is a cheap, auto zone built motor in my eyes....A 409, a nail head.. There is a exception there though...I bleed blue born and bred...

27. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

What?....did the red painted wheels vs black wheels thread get shut down?:D

28. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

Well my dad was an "everything guy" until I was born at that point he switched to only Fords so I guess I was the Blue Oval Baby. Now it seems I can only get ahold of Fords so that's how my story goes. On another note, for some reason people find it hilarious my last name is Lemons and I only drive Fords. All my friends are Chevy or Mopar guys. Guess I just had to be different.

29. Scumdog

Scumdog

I've the same emblem tattoo'd on my back.

But I stiil like any older car..

And I dunno why I wasted 30 secs of my life posting that - I must be bored...

30. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I'm Ford all the way. I just always have liked Fords... Had a few Chevies they were ok to. Everything I own now is Ford. WHy does everyone get hung up on this ? It's just a brand name anyway .... SOme guy like Pepsi more than Coke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.