Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need a cast iron head welded in So cal.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dblgun, Nov 28, 2012.

1. dblgun

dblgun

I have a cast iron head that has a small hole in the "bowl" area one of the intake valves. I am considering getting it welded. Anyone here have experience with Valley Head Service and their welding work or anyone else you can reccomend. Thanks.

2. bagel56

bagel56
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from So. Cal.

Try American Automotive in Upland CA 909-981-9707 or A-Foothill 981-8210.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  3. If you can't find anyone in SoCal, I highly recommend Midwest Cylinder Head in Nevada, Iowa. I sent them a rare original Winfield cylinder head with cracks between water jacket holes & a crack in the water passage on the top - welded up & fixed like nothing was ever wrong. Turnaround was less than 10 days and that included two weekends and Thanksgiving!

4. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

i dont know where in socal you are but there is a guy in Corona area that does great welding

5. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I saw a place recently that does nothing but cylinder head work on Bon View between Mission and Holt in Ontario. It's called:
    Primo's Cylinder Head
    416 S. Bon View Ave
    Ontario, Ca
    (909) 986-6433

6. Normbc9

Normbc9

I agree with gwwhite. I sent them a Ford V-8 60 HP we were using in Midget Car oval racing. They took care of a crack and also helped us get the decks straightened out too. Fantastic craftsmanship. I later sent the the housing for a frost damaged fire pump and they did the same for us with that too. The pump is on an engine still answering fire calls too.
    Normbc9

7. I just googled "Southern California castiron welding" There's a bunch.

8. dblgun

dblgun

Thanks, I appreciate the leads.