Register now to get rid of these ads!

T bucket..I have no idea what I am going to do with this..but...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tony Ray, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Deuces

Deuces

No you don't.... Some nutcase on ebay is trying to sell a model kit like this one for 4 grand.... :eek:
    List price back in '63 was $10.98

2. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

yeah I'll pass and keep the picture..

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That looks like one of those frame and body kits you could buy out of the adds in the back of the rod magazines in the 60's and 70's for what sounds like chump change now.

If you go to run it on the street you will want to reinforce the body a bit as they often made street weight and race weight bodies around the time that body was done.

4. Deuces

Deuces

Let me know if you need anymore..... :)
    I do have the latest 2005 release Big T kit which has some of the Big Drag parts in it... The floor, turtle deck, headers... No 4-71 blower assembly, roll bar or Moon tank though...:(
    Still factory sealed....;)

5. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

I was wondering about that.. this thing is super light..I carried it down my basement and kept thinging damn this is light..lol

6. I'd make a hinged plexiglass canopy, front 3/4 lift up with the back 1/4 stationary. Use 2 inch wide aluminum strap with side by side rivets like a frame work around it. Around the mid 80's there was a feature car in Hot Rod or one of those rags that had a front view of a T drag car altered style that was black and enclosed canopy . The name Warlock sticks in my head for some reason.

Attached Files:

7. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

That would look sick!

8. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Ya need a indy roadster nose too. :D

Attached Files:

• ce3.jpg
      ce3.jpg
      File size:
      88 KB
      Views:
    • ce2.jpg
      ce2.jpg
      File size:
      65.6 KB
      Views:
    • ce1.jpg
      ce1.jpg
      File size:
      76.2 KB
      Views:
  9. Phil1934

Phil1934

Picture this

Attached Files:

10. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

I make the turtle deck plus 3 different size beds plus tons of other stuff, did most of the stuff for Total. Will be in Englishtown in the spring if you want to fit some parts

11. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

I will deffinately check for you at englishtown!

12. Would be cool to make a single seat car to run around town in...

Sam

13. RichG

RichG

Personally, I wouldn't run anything behind the body, just have the rear hanging out there (quick change would pretty much be mandatory for this body), maybe run a "T" spring (the really tall one) with an reproduction oval tank above that. Lean, mean, no bullshit machine. With the six and that cover? Finally, a car worthy of the name "Panty Dropper"... :p

14. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

I thought about running it with out the bed on the back.. a buddy has given me a rear out of a falcon..so first thought bout that.. then figured Id rather run one of the stock style set ups.. what would fit on this thing? it does seem to have the mount for the spring on the back side of the frame..is that just a T thing or maybe a model A rear would work?

15. A guy here in town must have one of these. He told me that he bought a t-bucket that looked like an Indy car oval nose and had no provisions for headlights.

16. 117harv

117harv

..:)

Attached Files:

17. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Japar has supplied parts for both my projects and my sons he does real nice work and will custom make parts if you want them! Jack my 27 Roadster pick up came from you and you made my sons Malibu bumpers and his buddies Chevy pick up hood with the 6 inch cowl induction. I'll be seeing you for a custom length pick up bed for my new T and a set of T doors. I don't like the length of the one I bought from you on my new frame.
    Leon in Ct.

18. my buddy Paul's old rail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and a picture of my daughter in the car about 16 yrs ago

[​IMG]

19. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Damn..awesome pics..you guys are killing me.how am i supposed to get my 59 done if im all jyped up on the t bucket?..the. again it is getting to be winter and the tbucket is in my basement where its nice and warm:cool:

20. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

lots of T buckets were built in basements during winter then torn down and carried out piece by piece and re assembled in the drive way come warmer weather!My Brother in Law built his T chassis in an under construction addition to the family farm house which is now our den during winter of 63-64 !At that time entrance to the addition was through a window to the existing house and it was just a weather tight box. That T is still running the roads of Ct. almost exactly as he built it then. The nice thing about Ts is they can be built dirt cheap and quick if that's what you want. With some scrounging you can build a basic T for only a couple grand since you already have your body and frame. If you don't get crazy in the build you could build it drive it a while and sell it at a good profit later!

21. pitman

pitman

That turtle deck keeps growing on me!
    Somehow looks right.
    Did find an early one once, where they all hide, in a...Barn!

22. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

is it a barn find if its fiberglass? cause thats where this came from..previous owner said today he also has some headlight brackets for it that he forgot to bring over.. I'll getthem this week..spend a few hours making some more room in my basement.. and sat in a chair looking at it ..thinking...

23. RichG

RichG

Rear spring? Whatever you want will work back there. With the low crossmember you have right now, an "A" spring would probably come the closest. Since you don't have a shot of the back of the frame, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that it's set up for coilovers... maybe. That crossmember doesn't look like it's wide enough to house a spring under it. Of course that doesn't mean you can whip out your own spring hanger similar to what's on the front. The great thing about T-buckets is you can do what you want, there's nothing keeping you from stretching the wheelbase, your axle placement isn't dictated by any body lines or anything else.

24. Deuces

Deuces

Cool!....:)

25. A little late to the party, but.....

If it were mine, I'd cut the competition cover cockpit opening out and re-install it over to the "proper" driver's position. That way you could run it with or without the cover.

Still have a full hood/track nose with a mild V8 of your choice. Lots of posibilities!!!

26. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Hey what do the track noses and hoods go for??

27. Sorry, I typed that a little bit quirky....

I meant that you still need to run a track nose and full hood.

If I had a nose or hood, it'd be for another project..............

28. ERKEL

ERKEL

Speedway is about the cheapest on the nose and hood. The nose was $129 and the hood was $149 if IRC. My T has a 7.5 10 bolt out of a S10 on a quarter elliptic with no turtle deck or bed. Doesnt look bad IMO. I would sell you my turtle deck and lid for $100. Check on the shipping from 37865 if you are interested.

29. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Thanks for the info! ill let you know on the turtle deck..may be very interested!

30. ERKEL

ERKEL

here are a couple of pics of mine without a nose or turtle deck with the quarter elliptic rear.

Attached Files: